A Top of Texas Taxidermy sneak peak

IMG_2776.JPG
IMG_2777.JPG

Look forward to the finished product! That sucker has a nice mane from that frontal view

I m looking forward to see the finished job. These animals hold a special place in my memories. Hunting them many years ago in a free range environment was a challenge. The most underrated big game trophy in NA.

@gizmo How many inches was he?

Dayum!!!!!

He needs to dry for several days before I can move on to the next phase. I will mount some deer in the mean time. Stay tuned.
IMG_2778.JPG

Seems like when they got heels on they always trip and end up with their heads stuck in the fence!

I know a guy with a special way to push a sheep through a fence... Shall I get you instructions?

Still have some repair work on the mount itself to fix a few oops' s and all the finish work but it's on the base and starting the habitat work.
IMG_2841.JPG
IMG_2842.JPG
IMG_2843.JPG
IMG_2844.JPG
IMG_2845.JPG
image.jpg

Really can't wait to see the finished product!

Easy E... @gizmo hey bud, question. If client wanted & hide allowed. Could one get a bigger form for the neck.... like it was swollen/in rut????

Looking good! The hunter will be pleased when this graces his home!

Easy E... @gizmo hey bud, question. If client wanted & hide allowed. Could one get a bigger form for the neck.... like it was swollen/in rut????
They will only stretch so much. What the cape measures is pretty much it. Aoudad have skinny necks anyway. I stretch them as much as possible but keep in mind as things dry they shrink so the horror pics of the huge gaps in the seems come from in appropriately sized forms often times. There is some manic to be done but one sure isn't going to get 4 or 5 inches or even close to that.

That neck is bigger than you think. That's the largest form they make and I add d a lot to it so it would fit.

Sorry Erik,

I'd already thought about it when I saw the pic then you mention the feet and I simply couldn't resist. :K Moon:
what are friends for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg