A time to sell & a time to buy

Thoughts and prayers to you. Good luck.

Lon you have been one of the best contributers to this forum. And tons of respect for what your wife has accomplished. As @Just Gina has said, we will be praying for you and for your wife. As well as for the doctors to have a steady hand and brilliantly clear mind.

Hey Lon,
As something of a newbie here, I offer my appreciation for the significant number of sound, level-headed, experience-based posts you have brought to the conversations. You add real value to these threads.

Hate to hear about the surgeries. Wishing for the best possible outcome.

Rifles like those would sure have stories to tell- keep telling them!

Meanwhile, I'll work on smuggling my PF, post-64 model 70, 45-70, (with a suppressor), and it's 6-18×44 Vortex to you!

Best to you and your family.

Be well, enjoy every sunrise.
AimSmall (miss small)

I’m so sorry and sad to hear this. Please know that there are people like me who you’ve never met that are praying for your recovery. Get well my friend.

I will keep the fight going I want ti see a few more take their first buffalo and rare breed take elephant.

Lon
I am super excited to hunt with Lon and Liesl in April!!! Their communication and pictures have simply been fantastic!!! It will be an honor to hunt with them for me!!!

So your wife is handy AND good looking too? You are blessed indeed. Please feel free to pass that along. I'm sure she's felt equally blessed.

Hang in there, Lon. Ten years ago I let the dogs out for their morning constitutional. The older Lab Black Pearl stumbled in the yard and then fell over. She completely lost her balance. I rushed her eight hours to Minneapolis and an MRI at the university hospital showed glioma brain cancer. Fortunately, she was not yet in any pain. Take her home and wait for the inevitable. Due to vertigo she did not want to be on anything soft so I rolled out sleeping bag and slept with her on the floor. The two dog beds were stacked under the window and my other Lab slept on them. The second night home at three in the morning Pearl stirred. Then I heard her scratching at the dog beds. "You want your bed?" So I pulled it out and she laid down. Hmm. In the morning the three dogs know they have to wait for me to wake before I'll feed them. So that morning I was aware dogs were standing over me, noses sniffing a few inches away. I opened my eyes and all three, even Pearl, were standing over me. "Pearl, are you ready to eat?" And she scampers through the kitchen door just fine on all four legs. What? Her head was cocked slightly till about one in the afternoon. Then perfectly normal. I called the neurologist two days later. "Oh, it's just the steroids have reduced the swelling. Only temporary." Over the next three weeks the dosage was decreased and then stopped. I called him again. This dog seems fine. "You know she's going to die." Well, someone needs to tell her. She's in the back yard playing with the Fr Brittany tugging on a toy. He figured we may as well give her a chance to live longer and started her on canine chemo. That was June. In October I drove down for another MRI before heading to Montana for our annual pheasant hunting. The neurologist didn't believe it was the same dog! Tests showed the huge tumor was almost gone. Just a few little spots left. She lived two more years before succumbing to progressive kidney disease. To this day Pearl is the only dog they have seen at U of M that recovered 100% from glioma cancer. In fact they are now using her DNA for important cancer research.

Fast forward to last year when the Fr Britt "Puppy" became deathly ill right after New Year. Rushed her to Minneapolis in the worst blizzard of this century. Surgeon removed a cancer tumor next to her liver the size of a softball ... and she's only thirty-five pound dog! The "long term" prognosis was not good but she was already eleven so not likely to be much long term in any event. But Puppy deserved a chance to live. And live she did. We've had a great year. My Lab Ellie (Pearl's successor) tore her ACL hunting geese and was out of commission in Montana. Puppy did all the work this year hunting like a dog half her age. She'll be thirteen soon and doing fine other than becoming deaf.

Don't give up, Lon.
My first love is my wife
Daughter second
Dogs third
Rifles are just objects, but some do have a soul.
The rifle that I have kept not counting client rifles. George Gibbs .470 Heym Martini .404. One is for work one is for pleasure., you can guess which is for what.

Prayers to you, Lon, for a successful outcome of your upcoming surgery. God will give you and your wife the strength to get through this. Those firearms were destined to save another life... good luck, and stay strong.

Prayers sent.

Good luck and fast healing.

Why don’t we start a Gofundme or similar campaign. Or a thread where donated unused items are sold with proceeds go to help Lon.
He shouldn’t have to sell his rifles
Thank you, but I have saved and if I am gone. My wife will have the capital and the tools to carry on. The rest is up to her.

Lon

Hey Lon,
As something of a newbie here, I offer my appreciation for the significant number of sound, level-headed, experience-based posts you have brought to the conversations. You add real value to these threads.

Hate to hear about the surgeries. Wishing for the best possible outcome.

Rifles like those would sure have stories to tell- keep telling them!

Meanwhile, I'll work on smuggling my PF, post-64 model 70, 45-70, (with a suppressor), and it's 6-18×44 Vortex to you!

Best to you and your family.

Be well, enjoy every sunrise.
AimSmall (miss small)
You made me laugh.

Best wishes and prayers for a full and speedy recovery and and end to the pain you have suffered through

MY prayers and well wishes for your surgery and recovery. I purchased a 404 J from you about 6 years ago, rest assured that it went to a good home.

MY prayers and well wishes for your surgery and recovery. I purchased a 404 J from you about 6 years ago, rest assured that it went to a good home.
It was as I described, I assume. I love .404j

Lon I can not tell you how much I have enjoyed and respected your posts. I plan to continue to enjoy them for quite a while to come. So keep fighting this thing. Prayers with you, your bride, and your medical team.

Keep up the good fight Lon. Prayers and well wishes for you and your family are inbound.. .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tatiana744

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.