A-square 416 Rigby Purchased In 1985

Jefferry404

AH senior member
Reaction score
I order this rifle from A-square in 1985 and has been in storage since then, but moved states a few times.
Wanted a Rigby and at the time, seemed the only available option. Anyhow, test fired by me once with A^2 ammo and recently, with Federal to check it out. Price is $3375 shipped FFL to FFL. Thanks for looking.
Steve

Another gentleman here asked for this info and I included here as not sure what folks want to know:
-holds 3 Hornady 400gn DGS down (no more).
-barrel length 24"
-LOP 13 3/4"
-empty weight 11.2lbs (bathroom scale). Meaty barrel.
-muzzle diameter 0.800" (could be re-bored to 450 Rigby, 495,500 AA, 460 Weatherby, etc)

left.jpg

right.jpg

top4.jpg

btm.jpg

xpress.jpg

frtsight.jpg

These are the only stamps. The top of the receiver is marked RE and the serial# indicates the receiver was made in 1918.
stamp1.jpg

stamp2.jpg

I will pm you,

I order this rifle from A-square in 1985 and has been in storage since then, but moved states a few times.
Wanted a Rigby and at the time, seemed the only available option. Anyhow, test fired by me once with A^2 ammo and recently, with Federal to check it out. Price is $3375 shipped FFL to FFL. Thanks for looking.
Steve

Another gentleman here asked for this info and I included here as not sure what folks want to know:
-holds 3 Hornady 400gn DGS down (no more).
-barrel length 24"
-LOP 13 3/4"
-empty weight 11.2lbs (bathroom scale). Meaty barrel.
-muzzle diameter 0.800" (could be re-bored to 450 Rigby, 495,500 AA, 460 Weatherby, etc)

View attachment 589287

View attachment 589289

View attachment 589290

View attachment 589291

View attachment 589292

View attachment 589293

These are the only stamps. The top of the receiver is marked RE and the serial# indicates the receiver was made in 1918.
View attachment 589294

View attachment 589295

I will pm you,
Can you pm me-I am not good on computer and do not know if you got it, Thanks a lot

Looks like there was a pivot scope mount in the "scout" position. Do you still have the rings?

Pm you, please give me a call tomorrow. Thank you
Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamer44

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Saddlemaker wrote on Never Been's profile.
Thanks for getting back to me, I'll pass, Great luck in sell it . I don't think you'll have it long
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.