A little melancoly

Ravensview

AH fanatic
Joined
Apr 17, 2020
Messages
701
Reaction score
1,371
Member of
SCI,DSC, DU
As I am in to my third bourbon this evening, I can’t help but feel a little melancoly (sp), this time of year with small game hunting season and archery deer season are in full swing, I always think of lost hunting buddies and past dogs and how much I miss them, in my neck of the woods hunting camps are what we do, whether a tent camp or a cabin in the woods, just about everyone I started hunting with has passed on and with that brings great reflections on past hunts and conversations over campfires, I would like to raise a toast to those that are gone, I feel at home on this site with the many kindred spirits throughout the world, and want to say thank you to all for sharing their stories of hunts past and those to come.
 
I know what you mean. I was out doing maintenance on shooting houses. The fellow who helped me
Build them is no longer with us.
 
As I am in to my third bourbon this evening, I can’t help but feel a little melancoly (sp), this time of year with small game hunting season and archery deer season are in full swing, I always think of lost hunting buddies and past dogs and how much I miss them, in my neck of the woods hunting camps are what we do, whether a tent camp or a cabin in the woods, just about everyone I started hunting with has passed on and with that brings great reflections on past hunts and conversations over campfires, I would like to raise a toast to those that are gone, I feel at home on this site with the many kindred spirits throughout the world, and want to say thank you to all for sharing their stories of hunts past and those to come.
Hear, hear. I'll second that.
 
The old military toast - Absent comrades.
 
Third Bourbon? Might have something to do with your melancholy.
 
Softly call the muster,
Let comrade answer, “Here!”
Their spirits hover ‘round us:
As if to bring us cheer!
Mark them "present" in our hearts,
We’ll meet some other day.
There is no Death, but Life Eterne
For heroes such as they!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,374
Messages
1,574,460
Members
170,045
Latest member
arlesahe1976
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top