Wihan

AH member
Reaction score
Media

A hunter's worst nightmare!

That shot that everyone dreads after they took it...

A video I was heavily debating to post but in the end we're all human...

This weekend whilst out hunting with my bow I wounded my very first warthog. We spent 6 to 7 hours searching for the warthog over 2 days. I eventually had to give up as I had to go home.

This just motivates me to work harder to ensure I don't wound an animal again any time soon...

Everyone is welcome to go check out The African Allure hunting safaris website.

The accomodation is amazing, next to nothing I have ever stayed at. The animals are plentyful and amazing to see! The outfitter is just amazing!

@Wihan thank you for sharing the video. All of us miss hitting the right spot from time to time and that is why it is hunting vs shooting.

If you hunt long enough always something will go wrong. He wasn't perfect broadside so it effected shot a little

Been in your shoes before with warthogs. A bad feeling I know. I have learned this about warthogs- a a rule of thumb, if you have not found a hog within 450 yds of shot, you chances of finding the hog are very slim.

I made a monster of a Sable bleed and never found him, and we looked for days! I still get upset just thinking about it.

W
I made a monster of a Sable bleed and never found him, and we looked for days! I still get upset just thinking about it.

We all wound an animal eventually! But it still remains a bitter pill to swallow!

Y
Been in your shoes before with warthogs. A bad feeling I know. I have learned this about warthogs- a a rule of thumb, if you have not found a hog within 450 yds of shot, you chances of finding the hog are very slim.

Yes especially since they have holes in yje ground as well and chances are they went in their hole.

If we hunt long enough we are going to have something go wrong but I'm not sure putting it on social media for thousands to view is a good thing.

@jeff .... I say this with respect, sincerely.... I may agree with you, but not when it comes to here. If @Wihan had posted the video on Facebook or some such social media it may be questionable. But here, with a group of hunters...... We all know that unfortunately these things happen. We should support each other. This should be our "safe place".

@jeff .... I say this with respect, sincerely.... I may agree with you, but not when it comes to here. If @Wihan had posted the video on Facebook or some such social media it may be questionable. But here, with a group of hunters...... We all know that unfortunately these things happen. We should support each other. This should be our "safe place".
I saw this video on Bowhunters Corner on Facebook, there are anti's trolling everywhere looking for ammo to use against us.

Thanks @jeff I understand your comment and concern now. The worst thing about the antis are that they are so uninformed, but yet so vocal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanMatt

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg