Wihan

AH member
Reaction score
Media

A hunter's worst nightmare!

That shot that everyone dreads after they took it...

A video I was heavily debating to post but in the end we're all human...

This weekend whilst out hunting with my bow I wounded my very first warthog. We spent 6 to 7 hours searching for the warthog over 2 days. I eventually had to give up as I had to go home.

This just motivates me to work harder to ensure I don't wound an animal again any time soon...

Everyone is welcome to go check out The African Allure hunting safaris website.

The accomodation is amazing, next to nothing I have ever stayed at. The animals are plentyful and amazing to see! The outfitter is just amazing!

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
@Wihan thank you for sharing the video. All of us miss hitting the right spot from time to time and that is why it is hunting vs shooting.

Hunter101

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
RMEF,MDF
Hunted
Nambia, South africa, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Pennsylvania, British Columbia, KY,IL, Oklahoma
If you hunt long enough always something will go wrong. He wasn't perfect broadside so it effected shot a little

Buffalo1

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Pope & Young Club; DSC; SCI; Ms Bowhunters Assoc
Hunted
Been in your shoes before with warthogs. A bad feeling I know. I have learned this about warthogs- a a rule of thumb, if you have not found a hog within 450 yds of shot, you chances of finding the hog are very slim.

Cam Moon

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I made a monster of a Sable bleed and never found him, and we looked for days! I still get upset just thinking about it.

Wihan

AH member
Reaction score
Media
W
I made a monster of a Sable bleed and never found him, and we looked for days! I still get upset just thinking about it.

We all wound an animal eventually! But it still remains a bitter pill to swallow!

Wihan

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Y
Been in your shoes before with warthogs. A bad feeling I know. I have learned this about warthogs- a a rule of thumb, if you have not found a hog within 450 yds of shot, you chances of finding the hog are very slim.

Yes especially since they have holes in yje ground as well and chances are they went in their hole.

jeff

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci P&Y
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa in Kwazu Natal, Limpopo, Eastern Cape , Northwest Province, USA Ariz, Nev, Mont, Ida, Ore, Cal, Mich,Wash, AlasKa
If we hunt long enough we are going to have something go wrong but I'm not sure putting it on social media for thousands to view is a good thing.

Cam Moon

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
@jeff .... I say this with respect, sincerely.... I may agree with you, but not when it comes to here. If @Wihan had posted the video on Facebook or some such social media it may be questionable. But here, with a group of hunters...... We all know that unfortunately these things happen. We should support each other. This should be our "safe place".

jeff

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci P&Y
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa in Kwazu Natal, Limpopo, Eastern Cape , Northwest Province, USA Ariz, Nev, Mont, Ida, Ore, Cal, Mich,Wash, AlasKa
@jeff .... I say this with respect, sincerely.... I may agree with you, but not when it comes to here. If @Wihan had posted the video on Facebook or some such social media it may be questionable. But here, with a group of hunters...... We all know that unfortunately these things happen. We should support each other. This should be our "safe place".
I saw this video on Bowhunters Corner on Facebook, there are anti's trolling everywhere looking for ammo to use against us.

Cam Moon

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Thanks @jeff I understand your comment and concern now. The worst thing about the antis are that they are so uninformed, but yet so vocal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AthenaLake

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J