A bit of leather work

yumastepside

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
ssaa
I made a sheath for the el cheapo Mora knife, I used an old piece of leather as it was a bit of a test run mainly to see if my template was correct, I made a few mistakes that can be fixed in later models.

BfWrcoE.jpg

.....also made some keyrings and fridge magnets....

HPhq3bN.jpg

Roger

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a sheath for the el cheapo Mora knife, I used an old piece of leather as it was a bit of a test run mainly to see if my template was correct, I made a few mistakes that can be fixed in later models.

View attachment 530079

.....also made some keyrings and fridge magnets....

View attachment 530080

Roger
I have been making shotshell key rings exactly like that for years. Nice gifts. However, spend the cash for ball bearing swivels. The wire type wear out quickly. Also, always remember to leave the dud cartridge home before checking in for a flight. Security won't let you through. Ask me how I know ... how many times.

I know they are ugly as sin but Mora plastic sheath does have its advantages. Mine clips on so I don't have to take my belt off to get hooked up. Plastic doesn't get moldy and the Mora sheath has a large hole in the bottom for drainage.

Very nice sheath especially for a first try! Good job!

The batwing is a neat accent. Next time I suggest adding rivets to reinforce the corners of sewing for belt loop. Very good work.

I have been making shotshell key rings exactly like that for years. Nice gifts. However, spend the cash for ball bearing swivels. The wire type wear out quickly. Also, always remember to leave the dud cartridge home before checking in for a flight. Security won't let you through. Ask me how I know ... how many times.
Yep, been there, done that!

I always leave a hole in the end of my sheaths and holsters....I find the original sheath good for fishing but noisy when hunting.

Roger

.....I actually wrote this earlier but forgot to press " send "....

Thanks to all for your comments.
CM McKenzie, yes I agree, you see so many nice leather jobs spoiled by unfinished edges.

Roger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!