9.3x62

I have a nice Verney-Carron takedown Impact Plus in 9.3x62 that's been on a couple hunts in Namibia and Mozambique. It's been deadly on a variety of game. And a Sauer 202 that I purchased recently. Bottom two rifles in the picture below. I like them both! Our tracker in Mozambique enjoyed shooting my V-C too!
IMG_9868 (1).jpeg
IMG_9800.jpeg
 
For the Namibian hunt I used Norma Oryx 285 gr. factory loads & 2400 fps out of my rifle. Perfect performance on Kudu, Oryx, and Giraffe.
On the Mozambique hunt I used handloads with Ramshot Big Game, and Swift A-Frame 285 gr. bullets loaded to 2450 fps. Again perfect performance on Eland, Kudu, 2 Impalas, 2 Warthogs, and Bushbuck.
 
Thanks Longwalker.
After reading about those Oryx bullets and seeing the 1/16" thick guilding metal jacket on the 232gr. standard Norma, non Oryx, I figured they'd be top notch for about anything.
 
Thanks Longwalker.
After reading about those Oryx bullets and seeing the 1/16" thick guilding metal jacket on the 232gr. standard Norma, non Oryx, I figured they'd be top notch for about anything.
They work extremely well on deer and wild hogs. Haven’t had to shoot one twice yet. All shots have been through and throughs also.
 
Yes, there were 3 versions.
The 940 was in 7x64, .30-06 and 9.3x62, the 770 was in .243 Winchester and .308 Winchester and the 630 in .222 Remington and .223 Remington.
Sorry to hear your rifles were the victims of stupid political decisions. Unfortunately, it also happened here for some of them. It's easier for politics to pick up legal guns belonging to serious citizen than going in suburbs where AK are now everywhere, at least in my country.
One the photo, it is my neigbour's rifle.
However, my father has got two 940 in 7x64. The oldest version has a long and polygonal barrel while the more recent one has the short barrel with a classic rifling and driven hunt sight.
View attachment 720840
I think I already have it somewhere but we can find it easily on internet :

Hi Keven, my apologies for the delay in this response. I just wanted to let you know that I still have the original owners manual for my 940/770. I think mine had the polygonal barrel the same as your father’s. I had a couple of them over the years. If your father would like an original owners manual for his Heckler and Koch I am more than happy to post it to France for him. Just PM me a postal address and I will send it. All the best Allan
 
I have a nice Verney-Carron takedown Impact Plus in 9.3x62 that's been on a couple hunts in Namibia and Mozambique. It's been deadly on a variety of game. And a Sauer 202 that I purchased recently. Bottom two rifles in the picture below. I like them both! Our tracker in Mozambique enjoyed shooting my V-C too! View attachment 734290View attachment 734291
And the other three guns are? Nice collection
Sako 85 - .338 or .375?
Winchester model 70?
I have no clue on the double
 
I have been packing it every afternoon on my walks. I am really starting to love this rifle and plan on keeping it "as is" with open sights.

I am going to get a green fiber optic front sight for easier/faster target acquisition.

View attachment 731500

There's just a little to much naturally occurring background color to let me pick up the white front sight. :)
Does it shoot accurately to the iron sights? I've been wanting to buy one, but heard they were having issues with the iron sights
 
LH Zastava 98 Mauser. 22 inch barrel. Luepold VX6 1-6X28 scope in S&K rings and bases. Model 70 style 3 position safety. Restocked by good friend Pete Underwood. Shoots NF 286grn softs and solids at 2400fps into tiny 1 hole ragged groups.
How much effort was it to swap the OEM safety? I have the exact same setup, sitting in a Boyd's laminate and a VX5 1-5x24
 
How much effort was it to swap the OEM safety? I have the exact same setup, sitting in a Boyd's laminate and a VX5 1-5x24
Howdy Zim. From what I understand, there is a minor cut that has to be milled into the striker for the safety to engage in when moved to the middle or full safe position. any gunsmith who has worked on a Winchester M70 shouldn't have a problem doing it.
 
IMG_5420.jpeg

My Dave Norin custom 9.3x62…
IMG_5423.jpeg


IMG_5425.jpeg


IMG_5424.jpeg
 
Howdy Zim. From what I understand, there is a minor cut that has to be milled into the striker for the safety to engage in when moved to the middle or full safe position. any gunsmith who has worked on a Winchester M70 shouldn't have a problem doing it.
you might have to get a different front sight blade depending if itis low orhigh. no big deal NECG or maybe Ruger is taking care of it
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,573,961
Members
169,878
Latest member
nsetedticu1973
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top