9,3x62 modern action reloading advice please

what does "a little over max" come out to? Their max load for 203-B shows MV of 2100 fps.
58 gr. Their max load has higher velocity than that. See attached file.

0E108E59-DE17-4CC6-90AE-BE7796A1F7E1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m using H4831 but it is a very compressed load. No pressure signs and well within the max range indicated in the loading manuals.
I know this is old now but H4831? Thats a very slow powder for this round. I would guess your load is a bit slow, though no doubt accurate.
Usually Re15 or so is about right for the 286, maybe even 4350 but thats pretty slow also. I used IMR 4064, Varget and Re15 in my loads from 250-286.
I didnt try to push the envelope with any weight but kept it where it shot best and still had decent speed.

58 gr. Their max load has higher velocity than that. See attached file.
Must've been looking in my VV guide, not Norma.

I reload my 9,3x62 Blaser R8 with 325 Oryx and 250 Naturalis. Load little over max with 203-B according to Normas table and 87 mm COL (1 mm freebore, +5 mm from Norma recommended COL) and get 2300 fps with 325. It shoots one hole in the paper. Its ridiculous. 58 cm barrel length + silencer. Have yet to see the effect on a large animal.
I will let you know Dr Lott. Western Cape Eland hunt coming up in August. I’ll probably use the (very accurate) 325gr Oryx factory load. I hope to be able to get up pretty close….

... The 300gr Swift A-frame is a bit odd. Don't know what Swift had in mind when designing this bullet but it doesn't match with the usual 9,3's throat = OAL much shorter than usual, see for example

The 286gr version is much better. OAL can be (much) longer than standard OAL.

The Swift .366/300 gr. A-Frame... is a resized .375 bullet, available before the dedicated .366/286 gr. A-Frame was available.

Red

The Swift .366/300 gr. A-Frame... is a resized .375 bullet, available before the dedicated .366/286 gr. A-Frame was available.

Red

Correct - I ran into this issue with my 9.3 - or rather the bullets ran into the lands...

I stuck my bullets into the barrel and marked where the lands hit - the 300 A-Frame is easily identifiable here:

AFrames.JPG

Correct - I ran into this issue with my 9.3 - or rather the bullets ran into the lands...

I stuck my bullets into the barrel and marked where the lands hit - the 300 A-Frame is easily identifiable here:

View attachment 413523
Snap baxterb!

Btw the 250gr SAF seems a smaller version of the 300gr (though not the 286gr) for my chamber. I have to crimp above the cannelure which is set back rather ambitiously on the shank, to ensure it fits.

Rich

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoPal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!