9.3 x 62 Opinions

Woox also makes a really awesome stock for these rifles. I am planning on getting on for my .308. They can be had on gunbroker for much cheaper than msrp

Those Woox stocks are pretty cool.

I ended up going a different route. I got this Sako .375 H&H. Thanks for all the input.

6DF3C6B0-A1B0-4B0C-B58E-68BBCACCA998.jpeg
F830C203-6049-4F04-8188-155899B36A7E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh.... Congratulations! That should do.

I remember a Jack Lott article from '80s, on problems with heavy caliber rifle stocks, and one particular stock that was mentioned was a Sako. I don't know what model exactly. Not even if it was a Sako action, or something early with FN Mauser action. It had developed a crack, starting from the small wood web between trigger and magazine. He had a simple fix.

I just got back from a bison shoot. I used my bow on one and my CZ550 American in 9.3x62 on two. I was just shooting meat animals around 800 lbs. I'm loading IMR 4350 in Lapua brass with win LR primers and 270 gr Speer Hot Cor bullets. My muzzle velocity is approx 2500 fps give or take a fps or two either way. Both shots were taken on broad side animals between 110 and 130 yards. Both animals were cleanly taken with one shot behind the shoulder. Meat damage was almost non existant. Just a little around the hole was it. A friend with a .338 win mag took one and it looked like he threw a gernade in it's shoulder. If a good meat getter is what you want by all means get a 9.3x62. I would not hesitate to hunt any thing on this continent with it loaded with appropriate bullets for the game being hunted. If I were going after a bull over 1000 lbs or so I would load a 286 TSX or Partition. When firing from the bench recoil is managable. When firing from standing recoil is not bad at all.
It has by far become my favorite rifle.
Hello,

did you find the speer bullets from your bison hunt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadiamahi

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.