9.3 x 62 and the 320 grain Weldcore

What I forgot to mention I have a 9,3 x 62 and using the above 285/6 Oryx/A-Frames.
I also have a 74R and did not want to duplicate the 62mm load. Was thinking of a 250gr, but most my hunting is at short range. 50-150m. The reason for the Q about the 320gr
is your 74R a single or double? If it's a double, I'd load up whatever regulated best with it.

the further out you can set the bullets, the more powder you can stuff in.

Can't remember if it was Mule Deer or somebody else over there, but they set their COAL to where teh cartridge will just fit in the magazine. Couple of those guys use 65 gr of Big Game for the 286 gr bullets.

Was pointed out to me that the "ca" velocities in these load tables?

9.3x62-Data.pdf (westernpowders.com)​

... stands for Calculated.

Red

Attachments

• 9.3x62-Data.pdf
    160 KB · Views: 140
Are you guys crimping the heavier bullets for the 9.3x62? If so, what crimping method/tool is used and have you checked against not-crimped to see if it actually does anything?

I'll be doing load development (with RL-17) for the 286 gr A-Frame and possibly the 300 grain A-Frame bullets fairly soon.

So, all the 9.3mm RN Weldcore's that weren't on backorder at MidwayUSA came in.

... and the backordered 230 gr.'s did not.

Maybe a special run bullet.

Red

how does the 9,3x74r compare to the 9.4x62 round

So, all the 9.3mm RN Weldcore's that weren't on backorder at MidwayUSA came in.

... and the backordered 230 gr.'s did not.

Maybe a special run bullet.

Red
@Red Devil
There should be no shortages of Woodleigh in the US. There is a few hundred thousand sitting on a ship waiting to be unloaded according to Sandra @ Woodleigh.
Bob

Everything in stock except 286 PPSN and 320 RN

image_2021-08-25_174710.png

Great pricing.

How are you gettin' it?

BD cookie?

Red
I'm really only interested in the 320 gr. I already have NAB 250, NP 286, and Oryx 285, not to mention Hornady 286.

dang bud, what are they charging you over there? Guarantee part of the extra cost is the (I'm guessing) higher taxes/regulations down there than we have. Which is hard to fathom.

dang bud, what are they charging you over there? Guarantee part of the extra cost is the (I'm guessing) higher taxes/regulations down there than we have. Which is hard to fathom.
@sgt zim
For 35 cal they are $70 AUD for 50
for 30 cal my mate Greg picked up 300 130gn PPSP for$100AUD. The same as the states the price varies depending on caliber. At least we don't have supply problems with them but the smallest they make is .264 cal. I wish they would make some nice 25 cals.
Bob

those are some pretty good prices. that works out to 50 USD for a box of .358 bullets.

9.3 bullets are about $63 USD

Looks like that was a 1 day sale, and they still weren't (and aren't) in stock. New price as of yesterday is $64, "out of stock, backorder OK"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg