8x60

The S is almost to dislocated from the rest for my liking, normally found the proof dimensions accurate but not seen In betweeners before, hope someone else has!!!

If no one can help I'll slug the bore next week.

I believe the 'S' is for spitzer (pointed projectile).

In development of the military Mauser '98, there was a 7.92X57 with round nose projectile that was revised to an 'S' cartridge for rifles engineered and sighted for the spitzer round.

The 8X60S was essentially the 7.92X57 WW1 military round extended by 3mm to circumvent Versailles Treaty restrictions.

Bullet diameter should be 8.22mm (.323).

MS 8X60S.jpg
 
But in total there was 4 8x60 load ,+ the Magnum Bombe.

8x60 and R .318

8x60S and R ,.323
 
I believe the 'S' is for spitzer (pointed projectile).

In development of the military Mauser '98, there was a 7.92X57 with round nose projectile that was revised to an 'S' cartridge for rifles engineered and sighted for the spitzer round.

The 8X60S was essentially the 7.92X57 WW1 military round extended by 3mm to circumvent Versailles Treaty restrictions.

Bullet diameter should be 8.22mm (.323).

View attachment 401517
No, the S denotes the change to the .323 diameter bullet from .318", when in conjunction with 8x57S or JS or IS.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,306
Messages
1,572,354
Members
169,529
Latest member
LawrenceBo
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top