7mm Backcountry

Different strokes for different folks. I am in my late 60’s and take every opportunity to hunt with my classics and enjoy carrying them in the field.
I haven't taken any animals with anything other than the classics (yet). But I'm punching many holes in paper with the new stuff! ;-)
 
I haven't taken any animals with anything other than the classics (yet). But I'm punching many holes in paper with the new stuff! ;-)
I am a meat eater, so the only reason I punch holes in paper is to ensure my sights are on target. I do hunt a lot of varmints in the off seasons for practice though.
 
I've mounted an EOTECH Vudu 1x-10x scope on a Christensen Ridgline FFT 7mm Backcountry with a 16" bbl.

Off to the range next week to break in the barrel and to start getting an indication of accuracy and velocity that it is going to shoot.

At this point it really feels great in my hands and the entire set up comes in at 7 lbs. I'm still going to put a small/light silencer on it in the coming months.

More to come....

IMG_4506.jpeg
IMG_4509.jpeg
IMG_4510.jpeg
 
I talked to the Federal Guys at SCI last year and the elevator pitch was its not targeted at the African Hunter primarily but mountain guys, new hunters, and people that want to shoot like the guys that they see on youtube(my take).

I think its a cool technology and I want to see what happens when they release the same cartridge/case in 308/6.5 Creedmore and see what my 16inch .308 Fix can do with a 168gr TTSX screaming at 3000FPS.

I think the caliber is just the consumer test bed.
 
I talked to the Federal Guys at SCI last year and the elevator pitch was its not targeted at the African Hunter primarily but mountain guys, new hunters, and people that want to shoot like the guys that they see on youtube(my take).

I think its a cool technology and I want to see what happens when they release the same cartridge/case in 308/6.5 Creedmore and see what my 16inch .308 Fix can do with a 168gr TTSX screaming at 3000FPS.

I think the caliber is just the consumer test bed.
To your point, I suspect there will be several calibers released in the coming year(s) if the 7mm gets traction.
 
I'm considering building one. Luckily I have some other projects to finish first so by the time I'm ready we will see if it is any more popular. There is also .308 NAS3 brass now that interests me.
 
I'm considering building one. Luckily I have some other projects to finish first so by the time I'm ready we will see if it is any more popular. There is also .308 NAS3 brass now that interests me.
It would seem that the combination of advanced cartridge case technology, fast burning powders, faster twist barrels we might have the traditional calibers doing more then they ever have!
 
It would seem that the combination of advanced cartridge case technology, fast burning powders, faster twist barrels we might have the traditional calibers doing more then they ever have!
Exactly. I’m not a big short action or 308 fan but if I can have 30-06 like performance out of short barrel, short action 308, i will consider it.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,415
Messages
1,575,590
Members
170,362
Latest member
TamaraOrla
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top