700NE Double Rifle - I need help finding ammo or components

Buckstix,

I found these guys in Australia that sell Bertram brass for obsolete or hard to find cartridges. Looks like they have 700 NE brass sold per case at $ 27.10 AUD. Of course who knows whether it's in stock or has to be backordered as well.

Worth a try?.........

http://www.allthingsshooting.com.au/product/700Nitro

Hello sandman0921

Thanks for your reply.

I'll give them a try.

Hello CTDolan

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I do have access to a good lathe, but I don't know what material to use. I've asked a few that make lathe turned brass, and they won't tell me what the proper brass specs are. Maybe they are afraid I'll compete against them.

Buckstix,

Also, I'm sure you already have talked to these guys but just in case you haven't:

Rocky Mountain Cartridge LLC
http://www.rockymountaincartridge.com/index.htm

They lathe turn brass cases it appears and a lot of shooters of obsolete or hard to find brass use them. However, they're quoting a 2-3 month lead time on cases. Also they require a minimum of 1 box to be ordered.

I know that doesn't help you now, but it might later.....

Good luck!

Hello sandman0921,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I placed an order with RMC over 12 weeks ago with a 8 - 10 week delivery date. When I called to check the status of the order since they were 2 weeks late, they told me ANOTHER 6-8 weeks, AT LEAST. That's what got me into this pickel, othersise I would have started searching alternative sources 12 weeks ago.

Hello sandman0921

Thanks for your reply.

I'll give them a try.

Hello CTDolan

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I do have access to a good lathe, but I don't know what material to use. I've asked a few that make lathe turned brass, and they won't tell me what the proper brass specs are. Maybe they are afraid I'll compete against them.

http://www.astm.org/Standards/B129.htm

Hello CTDolan,

Thanks for the reply.

Thank you, but these specs are for "drawn" brass, "not lathe" turned.

just a thought, have you called H&H?

-matt

Hello Matt85

Thanks for the reply.

Yep, first one I tried.

Hello Jimbob,

Thanks for the reply.

I'll give them a call.

If it works out cheaper for me to buy them (with your money) and post them to you as a 'gift' then I'm more than willing to do that.

Please be so kind as to see what your cost would be, and shipping to me here in the US.

Yes, I corrected / revised my post to you ... my mistake.

Well cases are £26.67 each ($38.83) and postage would be between £60-70 ($87.36-101.92)
So it's not cheap! However that is with me overestimating the weight and value to get a top end. You would have it within a couple days of me posting it.

How many would you want? That way I can get a better idea of the value of the parcel

Just spoke to Henry Kranks, they are out of stock but will have 80 cases in stock in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Just spoke to Henry Kranks, they are out of stock but will have 80 cases in stock in 2 weeks.

Hello Jimbob,

Well, lets wait until they are "really" in stock. I have 2 different places here in the U.S. that said they would have some from Bertram in 2 week ... that was 4 months ago.

Its not that I don't believe them, its just that I don't believe "anyone" when it comes to 700NE brass.

Ha! No qualms. I'll try and remember to call them in a fortnight. If you don't locate any by then 'remind' me to get on to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasovWoogy

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg