7.7x58 (a rimless 303)

I’m thinking about having a rifle in the above caliber built on a Santa Barba 98 action In a rigby highland stalker style.

Talk me out of it.
@IRN-BRU
Is the 7.7x58 just another name for the 7.7 Japanese Mauser as it is the same dimensions.
If it is brass is available from Norma loaded with a 174gn projectile at 2,500fps
Bob
 
The 7.7x58 Japanese round is yet another one that seems to be grossly under loaded.
The reason the Japanese went with the standardization of the 7.7x58 round was because they had their light, and medium machine guns already chambered to it.
The machine gun rounds were much hotter.
But, as a side note, the Type 99 rifles amply strong to use the machine gun round, when needed.


Hawk
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,180
Members
169,919
Latest member
BUILonna63
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top