6 Dasher Powder suggestions

willbaforce

AH veteran
Joined
Feb 25, 2020
Messages
134
Reaction score
517
Location
Arizona
I need a recommendation of powder to use in my 6 Dasher.
For Shooting LIGHT Bullets such as 70 Nosler, 58 VMax or 87 VMax at the heaviest.
It is a 12 twist so I am not interested in the Heavy bullet loads which are plentiful on Accurate Shooter.com.
I found one shooter who used 34.3 g Benchmark with the 75 VMax on Accurate Shooter, and another fella who recommended 37.5 g Varget for the 70 Nosler. (sounds like a lot to me).

I want to avoid VV N-135 cause I can't find any which is not priced ridiculous.
Can't find Any anyhow.
Thanks for your help.
 
l have found that Varget/adi2208 is the go to powder for the 6mm dasher
having tried a few different powders testing from 80gr to 105gr bullets in two 6mm dashers l always go back to Varget/adi2208 for the most consistent and precise loads
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,570,666
Members
168,927
Latest member
davidmorgan8426
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top