577x500 #2

robert kuester

AH senior member
Joined
Dec 21, 2019
Messages
74
Reaction score
80
Does anybody have a good nitro for black load using a 440gr. bullet? Standard 40% rule with 4198 or ?
 
55 grains of IMR 4198 regualtes perfectdly in my .577-500 no 2 with a 440-grain cast or jacketed bullet. You can use identical data for the .500 x3" black power express.
 
Thanks! That's about what I thought. By the way, I injoyed reading all your books. The hook is set. Started with 1 and now up to 4 doubles. All so 7 high end English shot guns.
 
Sounds like you have the fever! I've had it for 30+ years and now as an old man I am selling off my collection (or most of it, I will keep a few to play with). I'm not really a double shotgun guy, mostly doubles, but I do have a one-of-a-kind Scott 8-bore that will go on the market soon. Enjoy the ride!
 
I'm 73 and still collecting. Don't even no how many guns I have. My son will smile all the way to the bank!
 
If it not tupperware and stainless the young crowd doesn't want it.

I hear that, but personally, nothing I have will go to someone who doesn't appreciate it. I will instead cultivate a new generation of hunters and give it all away to appreciative young hunters. As the story is retold over and over about how the person came by this or that you live on. Sentimental value beats monetary everyday.
 
Last edited:
Dont't no where I would find 200 0r more new shooters? We only have 1 person in my gun club that is under 60. Trap shooting though is big with the kids around here. Many high school teams. At least that is something positive.
 
If it not tupperware and stainless the young crowd doesn't want it.

Not 100% true unless you don’t count 36 as young crowd. I own only walnut blued rifles except one. And I try to only add more furniture to the safe. There are some of us young guys with old souls and the appreciation For fine walnut.
 
Dont't no where I would find 200 0r more new shooters? We only have 1 person in my gun club that is under 60. Trap shooting though is big with the kids around here. Many high school teams. At least that is something positive.
I grew up shooting clays with my Dad. He was big into it. I just really wanted to go and shoot rifles. Didn't matter what just let me shoot something that booms and reaches out to 500 yards. I was shooting a .30-06 well before I should have been. I had a few mentors. Go find one of the trap kids and mentor them. You don't have to find 200, but four or five is a good start.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,327
Messages
1,573,136
Members
169,708
Latest member
HanneloreG
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top