5744 load data for 10.75x68

Kynoch2015

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
147
Reaction score
283
I’d like to work up some loads using the Woodleigh 347gr bullet and Bertram cases. I tried getting load data directly from the manufacturer but their reply stated that they “… don’t have data for that cartridge.”

Has anyone worked up a load using 5744 that they would share? If not I’ll start with the 40 percent formula. By the way, if 40% is the minimum, is there a recommended mid or max percentage for this powder? Thanks!
 
I just checked out your "request" on QuickLoad. Accurate 5744 isn't a good fit for that caliber and bullet weight.
 
Ok, thanks for the effort. I do have great luck with it in the 404 Jeff though.
 
I reload for both of my 404 Jeffery rifles. The most accurate load I've found is 84 Gr. of H4350 pushing a 400 Gr. bullet. The originator of this load used 400 Gr. Woodleigh RN SPs. When I can't get those, I use 400 Gr. Swift A Frames. Accuracy is sub-MOA. Velocity is 2300 FPS.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,456
Messages
1,576,714
Members
170,621
Latest member
Tahlia4073
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top