505 Gibbs 600 grain load data? And 525 grain data?

MrGibbs.

Reaction score
Hi All,

I did a search for load data for my new CZ safari classic in 505 Gibbs and could not find any.

The only bullets I could track down where some woodleigh 600 grain ppsp. I found some loaddata that uses RL15 and darcon filler. I was hoping that someone here could pst some data or PM me with data for these rounds that does not use a filler.

I am waiting for my Hornady 525 grain dangerous game soild and expanding bullets to come in but they are back ordered.

Is RL-15 not a little too fast for such a large case??? I tend to use RL-19 and RL-22 in my 416 rigby with great results.

I have also ordered 200 custom Hawk bullets in the 525 grain weight for me to play with and maybe take this years moose with?

Mr Gibbs

Welcome to AH...

You have a fine rifle, however as you are finding...as specialized caliber are made your choices become limited.

I you go to Barnes and check 505 Gibbs you will find data for there 525 gr bullet. and powder.

or type in 505 gibbs reloading data you will find a few pages to view through

The rifle seems to digest the filler rounds with out a problem.

I was hoping that someone here would have load data for the 600 grain bullets with a slow powder like rl25 rl22 or retubo?

Wonder load from a disk has info for the Gibbs.

I looked in my A-Square reloading book and it also does not have any loads for the 505 other than the 525g bullet!
I also have the CZ in 505 - great shooting rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois