Glenn Slaven

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
I have always been a Dillon guy, but I can’t reload .500 Jeff with it. So I dusted off the old Lee hand primer that my dad used to use, and found it is not big enough to prime the brass. Am I missing something? Is there a special primer tool y’all use? Is there a shell holder for it that Lee makes? (Doesn’t look like the tool is big enough to accept the brass, so I don’t see how a shell holder would help.... ugh. This is a pain in the ass.

Attachments

• Screenshot (511).png
    Screenshot (511).png
    209.9 KB · Views: 193
Glen I am using a Hornady primer on the 375, 416Ruger and the 470 NE

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 3.17.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 3.17.26 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 197
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 3.17.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 3.17.18 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 202
Last edited by a moderator:
Glen I am using a Hornady primer on the 375, 416Ruger and the 470 NE
Hornady hand primer won’t accept 500 Jeffery brass either as I just found out last night. I had to use the LNL positive priming press setup to prime my cases.

Hornady hand primer won’t accept 500 Jeffery brass either as I just found out last night. I had to use the LNL positive priming press setup to prime my cases.

Interesting. So it will not accept the proper size shell holder?

Interesting. So it will not accept the proper size shell holder?
No it accepts the shell holder no problems, the gap where the shell holder fits into the priming tool is not wide enough for the bottom edge of the case body to fit through, if that makes sense? I will take a photo and post it when I get a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buyproductboxesuk

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.