480g Solids Wanted, .483 diameter For .475NE

Fenstar

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
All, I have a friend who has a nice old .475 NE double- needing reloading supplies for a Botswana Elephant hunt. 480g solids, .483 diameter. Thanks in advance!

All, I have a friend who has a nice old .475 NE double- needing reloading supplies for a Botswana Elephant hunt. 480g solids, .483 diameter. Thanks in advance!
Wim Degol in Belgium will make you a very strong round nosed tombac jacketed solid in 480Gr weight for the .475 Nitro Express.

Woodleigh isn’t making these at present and the US distributor is out of business. Nonetheless, as you prowl the web for old stock, these are the SKUs you’re seeking.

IMG_0696.jpeg

Thank you both! Good info to utilize, if no one on the site has a hidden old box they would part with. I know this is a needle in haystack search. Thx again.

This norwegian dealer has 0.483 FMJ Woodleighs.. Try to contact him and see if he will/can export tho the US..

Attachments

• 475 kaliber (475) Arkiver - TROND ALVESTAD AS.pdf
    204.9 KB · Views: 14
I'm in the same boat Fenstar. Just bought a Lancaster double in .475 NE (not the #2 version). Bullets have proved impossible! If I manage to find some in my search I will let you know.

Contact CEB, I'm sure they can make something for you.

I'm in the same boat Fenstar. Just bought a Lancaster double in .475 NE (not the #2 version). Bullets have proved impossible! If I manage to find some in my search I will let you know.

I would love to see some pics of your rifle....I have WW1 era double in the same calibre..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VNCFlorida

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you