475 Nitro Express - Experience

img_1261-jpeg.686128
I’m aware that anyone could say they have these cases….
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1261.jpeg
    IMG_1261.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 384
  • IMG_1263.jpeg
    IMG_1263.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 104
I have a friend on this forum that just got a 450-400 3.25" NE. That's probably in the top-5 most common NE cartridges of all time. (Pity it wasn't in the top-3 or he'd have easy access) He's struggling to find brass and I think he mailed away to Australia for a set of dies that were dusty on a shelf. Multiply the challenges many fold for a less known NE caliber and its a trail of tears.
Boy, this friend of yours sounds really familiar ;)
 
I have had a Greener 475 3 1 4 its a 450 necked up to acept a 483 bullet .As i use doubles quite often i sold it because of ammo availability.
 
I've never owned or used a .475, but I can confidently say that it will be no different than any of the other shells in the category. They all have the same effect.
The main difference I'm sure will be found in component availability.
Also, I had for some time, a .450 with hammers, and it's a very simple affair to cock them with complete silence, and it is much less noise than the click of a thumb safety. That is, if your safety makes noise. Other than that, I can't think of anything. It will simply preform like any other in the category, until one goes to a .500.
 
In France, it seems that we liked to use this cartridge. I often met a hunter in Burkina Faso who also used a double rifle caliber 475 N°2 Nitro Express . Since he not reloaded his cartridges, he had trouble finding cartridges for his rifle.

Scannen 33.jpeg


Scannen 34.jpeg


HATARI TIMES N°12
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,437
Messages
1,576,206
Members
170,533
Latest member
SethSapp1
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top