.475 Linebaugh single actions

Jamesfromjersey

AH member
Joined
Feb 17, 2012
Messages
36
Reaction score
48
Location
New Jersey
Media
8
Member of
Life member: SCI- NRA- NAHC- Reg.Member: Handgun Hunters Assoc. of South Africa #67- HHI #2900- FACA- SWCA- CCA- RCA
Hunted
South Africa
Two single action 5 shot revolvers: Freedom Arms .475 with a 10" barrel and brake. Leupold 2.5-8X scope. And a custom 5 shot by American gunsmith John Gallagher on a Ruger Bisly frame. Both guns are tremendously accurate. In my experience I find that the 475`s are not as nasty as the 454`s are when standard weight for caliber bullets are used ( 400gr in the .475 and 300gr in the .454 ).

FA`s 41 and 475 008.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi James,

Neat guns! Really like the Bisley style guns. I have one of the Accusport convertible .45's in the Bisley style and love it.
 
I know the gun and it was one sweet set up. With handloads in the 30,000 PSI range in your gun its a potent package. I`am having a custom worked on that keeps the Ruger cylinder in 45 Colt because of the range of power.....
 
I have found the same to be true, light bullets give whippy recoil in the .475 . So, I just shoot heavy for caliber bullets in my revolvers and don't worry about it.
 
Freedom Arms will be my next
Revolver
 
I like mine and can wholeheartedly recommend it. You will just have to ensure you load the cast bullets with the shorter nose. If you cast, the Lee 400 grain bullet may give you some trouble with overall cartridge lengths.
 
Once you buy a Freedom you`ll never look back..... Good luck
 
I was getting 410gr cast from Penny's machine and cast out of CA. Where are you guys getting your lead 475 bullets from?
 
I get mine from Rimrock bullets in Montana. They can size to .475 exactly or up. My BFR .480 needed .475, anything bigger was too tight in the chambers.
 
Thanks, only 475 bullets I can get around Houston are Speer deep curl 400's. I have yet to find a proper reloaders store around here.
 
Beartooth bullets are also good...
 
Bryan Reece 765-541-8584

Bryan runs Reece Custom Bullet Casting
 
I was getting 410gr cast from Penny's machine and cast out of CA. Where are you guys getting your lead 475 bullets from?
Cast my own these days, but have some from Mr. Reece also.
 
Wow, a long running post! I agree with James, no matter what, I take a Freedom Arms with me everywhere I hunt.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,426
Messages
1,575,887
Members
170,449
Latest member
MarkusSayl
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top