458 LOTT with Reloader 15

Pietro

New member
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
11
Reaction score
9
Location
South Africa
Member of
SAHGCA
Hi All,

Just wanted to share some info. Have recently acquired a CZ 550 in 458 Lott caliber and was wondering if any of you have any experience with peregrine bullets 500 grain VRG3 and Reloader 15. I loaded up 70,2 grains of RL 15 using the Peregrine 500 grainers, and was very happy with the accuracy and the recoil.
Any suggestions on a powder best suited for the Lott and 500 grain monolithics would be greatly appreciated.
 
Hi All,

Just wanted to share some info. Have recently acquired a CZ 550 in 458 Lott caliber and was wondering if any of you have any experience with peregrine bullets 500 grain VRG3 and Reloader 15. I loaded up 70,2 grains of RL 15 using the Peregrine 500 grainers, and was very happy with the accuracy and the recoil.
Any suggestions on a powder best suited for the Lott and 500 grain monolithics would be greatly appreciated.
I don't use any monolithics in my Lott but I do reload everything with RL15 for my Lott. I'm pushing 500 grain Woodleigh RNSN at 2230fps and 500 grain Woodleigh PPSN at 2300fps both with 84 grains of RL15. Woodleigh shows a max charge of 85 grains , Swift shows a max charge of 83 grains for the 5oo grain A-frame at 2229fps.
 
Hi Aussie_Hunter,
Thanks for the feedback! I will be trying some Woodleigh bullets in the future, and your data will be of great help. Thanks!!
 
Peregrine bullets are exceptional!!! I have a lott too and will be using the same 500gr peregrine bullets..
 
Hi Aussie_Hunter. Is that a published load from Woodleigh? I shot some of their 500gr PPSN's this weekend over 84gr of Varget. I don't recall seeing an RL15 load in their book.

I've just started playing with RL15 under 470gr CEB Raptors. I'll be trying 70 and 72gr this week, per CEB's recommendations, for 2150-2225fps expected.
 
Hi Aussie_Hunter. Is that a published load from Woodleigh? I shot some of their 500gr PPSN's this weekend over 84gr of Varget. I don't recall seeing an RL15 load in their book.

I've just started playing with RL15 under 470gr CEB Raptors. I'll be trying 70 and 72gr this week, per CEB's recommendations, for 2150-2225fps expected.
Yep definitely published data by Woodleigh.
 
I've shot the 550 Woodleigh with 77gr RL15 for 2100f/s in a Norma case. Still haven't gotten back to regulating that load yet.
 
I have reloaded the 500 gr peregrines with Vihtavuori 135 and 133 to get 2190 fps in my CZ 550 Lott without pushing any boundaries. Peregrine advised me that I could get up to 2270 fps from VV 530 but I havent got any VV 530 powder just yet. You can contact them for reloading info via their website.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,415
Messages
1,575,426
Members
170,321
Latest member
BaileyBout
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top