458 Lott 500 gr Hornady DGX Vihtavuori N133

Dr Lott

AH member
Reaction score
Anyone have tried this? According to VV-manual and what I have heard I should start att max load for 458 win mag. I think a good start would be 70 gr. Anyone have any estimates of what max load could be? 2300 fps would be nice to reach.
The former owner of the barrel loaded 74 gr Norma 201 with good precision.

My advise would be use 74gr of norma 201 or equivalent powder. N133 is a faster burning powder from what I can see. play it safe start at 60-65. Dont forget speed is nothing if the grouping is shite

If you are not going to kill it at 2200fps its not going to die at 2300fps like Norfolk Shooter said shoot accurate loads not speed.

Although I can push my lott more I have very good accuracy with 500gr Woodleigh PP bullets at 2175fps I'm happy with that hunting load 81gr of Norma 203B its slower burning powder, but great on the shoulder. Please just don't use my load as is as it involves to measure youre case capasity and seating depth of bullets first.

Thank you Frederick!
I also use N133 in my big bore rifles.
I presume that you too are aware of the lack of chamber pressure spikes and the overall lower pressure averaging 10,000 to 12,000 psi less for N133.

CRS, no I wasnt aware but as 203B is slower already than what was used convencially it already helps with recoil.

I punched in the numbers with N133 on QL and it gives me more pressure and case filling of less than 100% than with Norma 203B.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XVMNiki914

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
Africas leading outdoor and hunting filming company!
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg