450 akley magnum, Winchester model 70

aj1967

Reaction score
I've aquired this beautiful rifle chambered in 450 akley magnum. I've done a ton of research about the caliber and it's history, but have not been able to find anything about the rifle. Was hoping maybe someone here might be able to help me with that. Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks

Who customized the rifle. How about a photo. 450 Ackley my favorite elephant rifle

Sorry I uploaded 5 photos and it says still uploading. And I have no idea who built the rifle. All I know is that it looks new and unfired. Based on the stock condition I assume it's a refinished rifle. Bees a gunsmith a long time but never really dealt with Safari stuff

Sorry I uploaded 5 photos and it says still uploading. And I have no idea who built the rifle. All I know is that it looks new and unfired. Based on the stock condition I assume it's a refinished rifle. Bees a gunsmith a long time but never really dealt with Safari stuff
I can txt pics

It looks very nice, but in that last pic am I seeing right under the floorplate and seeing the doorframe?
Looks like it, haven't paid that close of attention to it. Been to busy working the rest of the estate it came from. Have to look at it when I get back home

Looks like it, haven't paid that close of attention to it. Been to busy working the rest of the estate it came from. Have to look at it when I get back home
I did look at the floor plat and feel like it's not original to the rifle. All other metal and and internals are all the same satin finish, and it's factory black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReynaUrquh

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.