45-90 German Double

Sounds like a cool Double, congrats for obtaining it, I think I'm not alone in very much liking to see pic's of your new rifle .

If you show photos of the flats some one here maybe able to help to.

With it being a Euro double it could/will be in a unusual metric cartridge which will make it a little more difficult to suss out for you I think ?

Oh we need more info to, Black Powder Express BPE or Nitro Express NE, Hammer Under Lever or Hammerless Top Lever ?

I saw a Sauer double in 45-90 a few years ago, but it sold before I got around to bidding.

Can you tell us the make of gun and pictures are a great help.

I don't do pictures. The flats are marked 51/05. It's a hammer gun and has rebounding hammers,Jones under lever,resest peep sight,fully ingraved with a trap under the but for extra cartriges. I don't have messurments for those 11,5 shells? the name is HCG Stein. Hamburg. I fire formed cases from 45-90's and turned down the rim.

Robert,
Here is a german DR in .405 WCF - Simson & Son Suhl :
51984_600x400.jpg

And one from Italy - Beretta .45-70 with 26 inch barrels
54676_600x400.jpg

Wider view in poor light:
54679_600x400.jpg

Either of these rifles will take just about anything walking or crawling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have the specs for them?
No. You'll likely need to post in the reloading forums to track down any samples and/or cartridge drawings. There are threads specifically on the US "45-" variants to their European counterparts. There are quite a few options in that arena.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SharynSoli

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross