45-90 German Double

Sounds like a cool Double, congrats for obtaining it, I think I'm not alone in very much liking to see pic's of your new rifle .

If you show photos of the flats some one here maybe able to help to.

With it being a Euro double it could/will be in a unusual metric cartridge which will make it a little more difficult to suss out for you I think ?

Oh we need more info to, Black Powder Express BPE or Nitro Express NE, Hammer Under Lever or Hammerless Top Lever ?
 
I saw a Sauer double in 45-90 a few years ago, but it sold before I got around to bidding.

Can you tell us the make of gun and pictures are a great help.
 
I don't do pictures. The flats are marked 51/05. It's a hammer gun and has rebounding hammers,Jones under lever,resest peep sight,fully ingraved with a trap under the but for extra cartriges. I don't have messurments for those 11,5 shells? the name is HCG Stein. Hamburg. I fire formed cases from 45-90's and turned down the rim.
 
Robert,
Here is a german DR in .405 WCF - Simson & Son Suhl :
51984_600x400.jpg

And one from Italy - Beretta .45-70 with 26 inch barrels
54676_600x400.jpg

Wider view in poor light:
54679_600x400.jpg

Either of these rifles will take just about anything walking or crawling.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have the specs for them?
No. You'll likely need to post in the reloading forums to track down any samples and/or cartridge drawings. There are threads specifically on the US "45-" variants to their European counterparts. There are quite a few options in that arena.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,349
Messages
1,573,695
Members
169,826
Latest member
HiramMarti
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top