416 rigby

Farmer 1

Reaction score
Looking for a Ruger 77 magnum or a kimber african in 416 rigby.

This a Ruger Safari Magnum .416 Rigby. Is this what you are looking for? Since you are new and I know nothing about you, PM me with your info and I will contact you.
IMG_0593.JPG

Don't know let me attach it again.[

IMG_0593.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice photo, Srra1.....very artistic.....and a fine rifle to boot...................FWB

Did the Ruger Magnum only hold 3 in the magazine?
Yes.
Purely out of curiosity, did these Rugers have an actual 416 Rigby sized action/magazine or were they just blown out actions up from 375? I may not have worded that correctly...
To my knowledge the RSMs, all three calibers have magnum size actions.

The blue action is a RSM, the stainless is a M70 .375 HH.

RSM vs M 70 Action.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.

To my knowledge the RSMs, all three calibers have magnum size actions.
Interesting. It is a shame they do not make them anymore. Their new African models leave something to be desired, caliber option wise. Not that there is anything wrong with the 416 or 375 Ruger. I am also lamenting the death of the CZ-550, since it had the full size action and the 4+1 capacity. Didn't mean to hijack the sale thread!

Interesting. It is a shame they do not make them anymore. Their new African models leave something to be desired, caliber option wise. Not that there is anything wrong with the 416 or 375 Ruger. I am also lamenting the death of the CZ-550, since it had the full size action and the 4+1 capacity. Didn't mean to hijack the sale thread!
You are not the first to make that comment. The Hawkeye African is a totally different gun.

How about a 416 Ruger.
I have a like new Ruger African in 416 Ruger. Very nice to shoot gun

I bought one of these at an estate auction. It was still in the box with swivels, but the rings were missing. I intended to have it upgraded and tuned up. But it needed nothing. I adjusted the trigger, and that was it. At the time of it's into, 1989 I think, it was 5-6 times as expensive as an off the shelf Ruger bolt gun, and that probably doomed it in the US where cheaper is often better. CRF, French walnut, quarter rib, bbl band swivel, etc mean little to most American hunters. It's not a Rigby, but an excellent rifle..........they are in demand, and rightfully so...........FWB

Purely out of curiosity, did these Rugers have an actual 416 Rigby sized action/magazine or were they just blown out actions up from 375? I may not have worded that correctly...
I have these in all 3 calibers plus a custom in 505 Gibbs. Also have a CZ 505 Gibbs. My honest opinion, the Ruger action handles that cartridge better... just a shame the magazine limits it to 2 rounds. Possible to stuff a 3rd in the chamber but not very practical.

To me the RSM'S seem to be designed around the 416 Rigby and made to work with a 375 H&H and 458 Lott.

I have these in all 3 calibers plus a custom in 505 Gibbs. Also have a CZ 505 Gibbs. My honest opinion, the Ruger action handles that cartridge better... just a shame the magazine limits it to 2 rounds. Possible to stuff a 3rd in the chamber but not very practical.

To me the RSM'S seem to be designed around the 416 Rigby and made to work with a 375 H&H and 458 Lott.
I like Ruger action, but I have never owned one in a big bore caliber. If they had the larger magazine then they would be great for the money. At least if they actually made them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.