416 Rigby bullet recommendations

I cannot help but like the Swift A-Frame bullets.
Factory loaded 375 H&H 300 grain A-Frames and 416 Remington 350 grain A-Frames, impressed me with their accuracy.

I have some 416, 350 A-Frames that I bought for the 416 Ruger, when there was little to none hand loading information. I was worried about COL with monolithic bullets. As it turned out no issue with the 350 grain TSX in the Ruger cartridge. The TSX shot so well, I have never gotten around to loading the Swifts. I need to.
I need to search out some 458, 450 grain A-Frames for 458 Winchester & Lott.
I have Remington factory loads in 458 Winchester. It appears by Swift #2 reloading manual that load can be comfortable enhanced, and of course the Lott a bit more.
Always good to have options if available.

Since Barnes came out with 400 grain TSX i have taken over 30 Cape buffalo with them in my old 416 Rigby. My rifle shoots them very accurately. Prior to using them i used a variety of 400 grain bullets, they all worked well on buffalo.

I know that I'm the odd man out on this, but my factory Hornady .416 Rigby performed flawlessly on buffalo in both solids and expanding loadings.

My PH confirmed that he had never seen a Hornady DG, not perform as expected.

Neil, I have been a very lucky man and I do not play golf or tennis. Let’s leave it at that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross