4 mounts from a Namibia hunt that I need to sell

Tomball

Reaction score
I have 4 mounts from a Namibia hunt that I need to sell. Anyone aware of a site, broker, taxidermist that offers this service? An Eland, Kudu, Gemsbuck and Red Hartebeest.

The Lolli brothers in Macon Missouri have large taxidermy auctions. Good luck.

I have 4 mounts from a Namibia hunt that I need to sell. Anyone aware of a site, broker, taxidermist that offers this service? An Eland, Kudu, Gemsbuck and Red Hartebeest.

Loli Brothers is definitely the most famous place to sell taxidermy. Bad news, taxidermy doesn't go for a lot of money, nickels on the dollar.

Something you can try is going into high-end design and second hand furniture stores if you live in an affluent area that has such things. These are the places all the soccer mommies hang out and has high-end antiques and vintage furniture. You may find one of their designers/buyers is clueless to the wholesale value of your taxidermy and may offer you more than market value.

I think you were just as well off trying to sell them on craigslist or Facebook marketplace. As mentioned above, the market is very limited.

I think you were just as well off trying to sell them on craigslist or Facebook marketplace. As mentioned above, the market is very limited.
Dang voice recognition. :). I think you are . . .

Might be a long shot but I'd ask the bar owners in your area. My local bartender asked if he could buy or even just display my African mounts in his bar when I get them back. Good luck.

Unless you simply need the space, you probably are just as well off keeping them, as everyone else is mentioning....sad, but reality of life.

Simply echoing what others have said... I have seen plenty of people disappointed (mostly estates) as you can expect pennies on the dollar at best in most cases. There is zero correlation between the value of hunting, shipping and mounting versus the resale secondary market.

Best of luck!

What is your location?

safariworkstaxidermysales.com
HAVE TO SHIP TO THEM THOUGH. SO MAY OR MAY NOT BE WORTH IT.

WE MOVED TO COSTA RICA LAST YEAR AND I GOT RID OF ALMOST ALL OF MY TROPHIES, ADVERTISED SOME ON CRAIGSLIST BUT GUYS TRYING TO BEAT ME DOWN TO "FREE" PISSED ME OFF AND I GAVE MOST AWAY TO FRIENDS.

Tom,

imam not sure what your tax bracket is, however if your give your mounts to a organization that allows you to use them as a donation you are money ahead.

you would be able to deduct your taxidermist expense. Then i believe the shipping expense. Long shot depending on your accountant could include trophies fees and such. You need to check.

the last time we moved we gave to the Vietnam veterans center. They gave us a receipt that we were able to use as deduction. We were audited and had all the receipts from what the cost was for the items were. And they were allowed.

African taxidermy is hard to sell in the US. Not much demand for someone else's trophies.

North American taxidermy is a little.easier because you get the folks that pick it up for decorating lodges, ski cabins ect.... But thats about it.

I would donate them to a local sporting goods store, pub, or meeting hall, and ask them to put a "donated by" plague with the date and place you hunted them. And move on

They won't bring very much. There are several auctions as have been mentioned here. If you can find a museum to donate them to you can write off the full taxidermy costs.

I just helped the widow of a big game hunter-friend successfully liquidate a major trophy collection of over 120 mounted trophies through Western Sportsman Auction located in Fort Worth, TX. They sold everything including items sellable only in the seller's state of residence by law (e.g., leopards). Their auctions are on-line only, and they are able to reach a very wide audience as a result. They will buy or auction your taxidermy. Call or text Logan Thomas at 832-829-0000 or by email at logan@westernsportsman.auction . The whole experience was exceptionally positive. And for others needing to liquidate larger collections, they will arrange transportation services which you can pay for or have deducted from auction proceeds. FYI, the next auction is April 27 & 28. Best wishes.

do you have any pictures ?

Gemsbuck 78 2/8 score

Gemsbuck2.jpeg
Gemsbuck3.jpeg
Gemsbuck4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg