375 H&H scope

I think that best person to comment would be forum member @One Day...
I remeber one of his older posts, with scope dimensions and mounts for cz550 satari rifles.

Does anyone have experience with CZ 550 375 H&H, Warne QR rings, and Leupold VX-3HD 1,5-5x20?
Is the scope long enough?
Check this post, petterbratt, it likely has the info you are seeking :).

Thank you for flagging this to my attention mark-hunter. Always happy to help a member :)

I used a Blaser R8 in .375 with a Swaro Z6i 1-6 last week in Limpopo. Keeping the scope on 1X and the dot on lets me use it like an Aimpoint up close (both eyes open), with the ability to dial up the magnification if needed. Very quick and excellent in low light. The dot has 3 settings: dim-off-bright and you can adjust the dim and bright settings. I found the dot to be super helpful on dark animals and movers.

Check this post, petterbratt, it likely has the info you are seeking :).

Thank you for flagging this to my attention mark-hunter. Always happy to help a member :)
@One Day... , i sent you a PM! Do you have the drawings in that post? i cant see them.. They wont load. or any one else?

Oh, I am so sorry, I did not see the PM. Dang! Apologies :cry:
Let's try as an attachment...
If this does not work, PM me your email address and I will email it :)
CZ 550 scope specs.JPG

Bruce you’re missing the factor of the distance between the line of sight and the bore. Having been a master class sporting clays shooter in my younger days, I would be quite surprised if I could not get an accurate shot off with a shotgun more quickly than anyone with a scoped rifle. This is due to shotgun shooting technique, stock style and eye alignment to the bore. With a good set of irons, the best in my mind being equipped with a rear receiver ghost ring, you get the alignment needed for very fast accurate shooting at close range.

To give you an idea how accurate this shooting style is, Gough Thomas Garwood, one of the greatest shotgun writers of all time, mentions a unique H&H Royal that was built in .22 LR. The owner used it to shoot duck on the wing to a distance of 70 yards. Obviously gun fit was superb.

I go to extremes to get my scopes as low as possible. However, it is not possible to achieve the alignment you get with a good receiver ghost ring. Obviously, drop at comb has to be set for this, but if it is, you can get close to the speed of a shotgun.

Interesting thought, why are big doubles not equipped with ghost rings as opposed to express leaf rear sights?
Surprised that no one mentions instinct shooting by name. It is accurate at closer ranges and obviates the need for sights of any kind because you ignore the sights. As a ten yr old, i was trained by my father shooting a 1 gal can thrown in the air with a BB gun. Over a surprisingly short period of time, I progressed to a .22 rifle shooting small perfume bottles thrown hard overhand. No aiming involved, just mount the rifle, look at the target (head up, no cheek weld), be aware of the top of the barrel, and squeeze the trigger. For close up and fast, nothing compares to instinct shooting. Note also that these aerial targets were moving targets. I think the technique might be practiced from 7-15 yards at the range. I also think anyone can learn it with a little patience. Its likely you can learn to ignore the scope while instinct shooting, though I've not tried it.

Shooting a pistol, one can easily nail a 1 ft circle at 4 to 7 yards without referencing the sights at all - use two hands, quick-step to align the feet, look at the target, be aware of the top of the gun barrel. You can fire with effective accuracy before you can even pick up your sights. In fast shooting, as in any athletic endeavor, your feet and muscle memory are the key to performance.

In the last ditch, you'll shoot by instinct anyway, may as well practice it.

I’ll take the Leupold for the lifetime warranty as Swarovski doesn’t stand behind their product in that manner.
I know that Swarovski has a warranty limitation the electronics in some of their optics (i.e. illuminated reticles, rangefinder, etc). Can't speak to Leupold's warranty position on their illuminated scopes, but I'd have a hard time believing it was a lifetime warranty.
If warranty is in question, even before purchase, a call to the respective Customer Service should be in order to get the details.

Leopold's electronics have a limited warranty.

I went in and read Swarovski's warranty on their optics and there are quite a few restrictions. If I remember correctly you have to be the original owner and they have to of been purchased from a Swarovski authorized dealer. Those were the main ones.

Leopold doesn't care when or where you purchased them, if there is a problem with their optics they will take care of them, excluding electronics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.