.375 H&H Plinking Loads

I shoot my 375 with 300gr Aframe, and have developed a load with the same point of impact at 100 meters with the Sierra prohunter 200gr bullet. With 68gr Norma 201 powder, winchester shells and federal 215 these are pushed out at 870m/s, with very little recoil.

The Lee reduced load formula.... first, the cartridge has to have 4895 as an option. If so, take max weight and multiple by 0.60... that is the new reduced load and can be adjusted up or down from that point as needed. This formula only works with 4895. There is one for Trail Boss which is available directly from Hodgdon.

There is one for Trail Boss which is available directly from Hodgdon.

I recall the Trailboss formula possibly being on the can- but it was to fill the case with Trailboss to the point that the powder was to the base of the bullet but not compressed (what is known as 100% density). then weigh the powder. That is your maximum load. Starting load is to reduce the load to 60% (no less than 60% of the 100% density load), then the load can be increased within the parameters of 60-100% to get optimum velocity/accuracy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross