.375/270 grain/A-Frame

Underdog75

AH member
Joined
Jan 5, 2017
Messages
16
Reaction score
10
Can someone please tell me what the maximum charge of Reloader 15 is for a 270 gr. Swift A-Frame in a .375 H&H?

COAL would be handy too.
 
The Swift Reloading Manual #2 list 71.5gr RL15 as max and they only reference the standard 3.60" coal.
 
When I load A-Frames I take advantage of the cannelure to crimp. So I try to use brass that has been trimmed to similar lengths and let the COAL be set by the cannelure.

As to maximum charge of RL15, I wouldn't trust any number that someone gave me to the point of going straight to that charge.

Here is a link to Alliant and some info there for a different bullet. I would start well below the amount shown and work up.

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/powderlist.aspx?type=1&powderid=12&cartridge=102
 
dchamp - Thanks for the quick response. Very much appreciated.

Phoenix Phil - Agreed on the cannelure and not going straight to MAX. Reduce and work up. The Alliant page lines up with what Swift states. Swift Max = 71.5 and Alliant shows max with a 270 Speer at 71.

Anybody have a pet load for that bullet and powder combination that they want to share?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,927
Members
169,468
Latest member
maustonralam1988
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top