.375/270 grain/A-Frame

Underdog75

AH member
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what the maximum charge of Reloader 15 is for a 270 gr. Swift A-Frame in a .375 H&H?

COAL would be handy too.

The Swift Reloading Manual #2 list 71.5gr RL15 as max and they only reference the standard 3.60" coal.

When I load A-Frames I take advantage of the cannelure to crimp. So I try to use brass that has been trimmed to similar lengths and let the COAL be set by the cannelure.

As to maximum charge of RL15, I wouldn't trust any number that someone gave me to the point of going straight to that charge.

Here is a link to Alliant and some info there for a different bullet. I would start well below the amount shown and work up.

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/powderlist.aspx?type=1&powderid=12&cartridge=102

dchamp - Thanks for the quick response. Very much appreciated.

Phoenix Phil - Agreed on the cannelure and not going straight to MAX. Reduce and work up. The Alliant page lines up with what Swift states. Swift Max = 71.5 and Alliant shows max with a 270 Speer at 71.

Anybody have a pet load for that bullet and powder combination that they want to share?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you