35 Whelen vs 9.3x62

I think a "modern" type of Cordite smokeless powder would be interesting? Pre measured by grains spaghetti or fettucine noodle sized strands of powder. Hand load them into the cartridge case. It would be more convenient and quicker than changing powder in hoppers? With our modern magnum primers of today it probably wouldn't be a problem igniting the strands? I'm just brimming with great ideas! Ha! Ha!
@CoElkHunter
You are brimming with something mate but good ideas ain't one.
I wonder how it would go necked to 35 or you could neck it to your favorite 24 cal.
Bob

Bob,
10gr powder sticks marked in one grain increments. Example: 71gr charge of H335 for a .458WM. Put seven sticks into a primed case and cut one grain off another stick with a pair of scissors and put that in the case. Seat a bullet and your done. I could load several cases this way before my balance beam scale settled down and I had to use the powder trickler to get the powder charge precise. I’m thinking (again!) this would be for large cartridge cases where a progressive reloading press wouldn’t work.
CEH

Bob,
10gr powder sticks marked in one grain increments. Example: 71gr charge of H335 for a .458WM. Put seven sticks into a primed case and cut one grain off another stick with a pair of scissors and put that in the case. Seat a bullet and your done. I could load several cases this way before my balance beam scale settled down and I had to use the powder trickler to get the powder charge precise. I’m thinking (again!) this would be for large cartridge cases where a progressive reloading press wouldn’t work.
CEH
@CoElkHunter
Mate your thinking again. You know when you do that it usually ends up costing y ou money.
Bob

Good gracious! I missed this lovely idea while I was sleeping!?! The powder companies that can't keep up with the demand as it is and now we're going to do sticks?

Why don't you just start your own primer company instead? I'd say small rifle primers are the place to start.

Good gracious! I missed this lovely idea while I was sleeping!?! The powder companies that can't keep up with the demand as it is and now we're going to do sticks?

Why don't you just start your own primer company instead? I'd say small rifle primers are the place to start.
Forrest,
Well, OPs brought up Cordite and black powder when you asked what kind of powder would be used in the 9.3x80? Since I work overnight and was bored and daydreaming, I thought about the Pyrodex pellets which are used in some muzzleloaders. I guess they're pre measured by grains and they eliminate the pouring of the powder down the barrel? So, why not MODERN "sticks" of smokeless powder measured in grains placed into brass cartridge cases, which eliminates the time consuming weighing of each powder load and then having to use a powder trickler to get the exact powder charge needed? I guess an electronic powder measure instrument would be faster for loose powder charges, but it is just an idea. As far as primers go, I think a primerless electronic ignition system could work for brass cartridge cases. A 9v battery should have enough juice to ignite the powder in the case using a wired modified firing pin with a "hot tip" on the end, which would puncture the paper/plastic covering the primer pocket when the rifle's trigger is pulled. No need for small or large primers for anything. I'll sleep on it during the day today and let you know what I come up with. Ha! Ha! Ha! BTW, those small rifle primers won't work in your Lott cases, so.....?
CEH

Forrest,
Well, OPs brought up Cordite and black powder when you asked what kind of powder would be used in the 9.3x80? Since I work overnight and was bored and daydreaming, I thought about the Pyrodex pellets which are used in some muzzleloaders. I guess they're pre measured by grains and they eliminate the pouring of the powder down the barrel? So, why not MODERN "sticks" of smokeless powder measured in grains placed into brass cartridge cases, which eliminates the time consuming weighing of each powder load and then having to use a powder trickler to get the exact powder charge needed? I guess an electronic powder measure instrument would be faster for loose powder charges, but it is just an idea. As far as primers go, I think a primerless electronic ignition system could work for brass cartridge cases. A 9v battery should have enough juice to ignite the powder in the case using a wired modified firing pin with a "hot tip" on the end, which would puncture the paper/plastic covering the primer pocket when the rifle's trigger is pulled. No need for small or large primers for anything. I'll sleep on it during the day today and let you know what I come up with. Ha! Ha! Ha! BTW, those small rifle primers won't work in your Lott cases, so.....?
CEH
Dear Mr. Designer for Big Green,
Etronx sucked. Last I saw the rifles were being given away with whatever primers and ammo for extraordinary cost. You're a funny man with your original thoughts.
I want to load up some .300 Blackout and make a whole bunch of cases.
Not everything is Lott life, but it's never far from my thoughts.

Forrest,
CEH
@CoElkHunter
Mate didn't I say STOP thinking
Electronic ignition was tried by Remington years ago, worked well but another idea that didn't take off.
Good idea pyrodox but unless the start making it in different calibers it ain't gunna work.
How do you get 50 cal pellets into a 223 case?
Bob

Forrest,
CEH
@CoElkHunter
Maybe we can all drill h ones in our rifles and cases and go to bolt action brass cases flint locks.
Nah wouldn't take off.
Just bite the bullet and save your ammo for the zombie apocalypse.
Bob

@CoElkHunter
Mate didn't I say STOP thinking
Electronic ignition was tried by Remington years ago, worked well but another idea that didn't take off.
Good idea pyrodox but unless the start making it in different calibers it ain't gunna work.
How do you get 50 cal pellets into a 223 case?
Bob
Bob,
The electronic ignition probably didn't take off because primers were everywhere at $9.95us/1,000 for many, many years at that price. No, the pellets won't work in brass cases, that's why I was suggesting a modern equivalent of Cordite. I'll STOP THINKING NOW! Ha! Ha! Ha!
CEH

Bob,
The electronic ignition probably didn't take off because primers were everywhere at $9.95us/1,000 for many, many years at that price. No, the pellets won't work in brass cases, that's why I was suggesting a modern equivalent of Cordite. I'll STOP THINKING NOW! Ha! Ha! Ha!
CEH
This reminds me of my current favorite children's book: "Go the F:S Censored:k to Sleep".:ROFLMAO:

This reminds me of my current favorite children's book: "Go the F:S Censored:k to Sleep".:ROFLMAO:
@Forrest Halley
Now ,now just because you are sleep deprived no need to be grouchy.
I know the book well and the song. I hear they're going to animate it soon.
Just wait until he gets into the wiggles, Thomas the tank engine and others you will be searching for that book again. It only lasts 6 years.
Bob

@Forrest Halley
Now ,now just because you are sleep deprived no need to be grouchy.
I know the book well and the song. I hear they're going to animate it soon.
Just wait until he gets into the wiggles, Thomas the tank engine and others you will be searching for that book again. It only lasts 6 years.
Bob
Well this is true, but to be fair @CoElkHunter was losing his mind trying to reinvent the Remington Etronx on us. I figured he was just sleepy and needed direction. :ROFLMAO: ;)

Well this is true, but to be fair @CoElkHunter was losing his mind trying to reinvent the Remington Etronx on us. I figured he was just sleepy and needed direction. :ROFLMAO: ;)
My friend that owns the gun shop has a .243 Etronx. Along with 5000 rounds of ammo and 10k primers. I love those guns. Trigger pull is a mouse click.

My friend that owns the gun shop has a .243 Etronx. Along with 5000 rounds of ammo and 10k primers. I love those guns. Trigger pull is a mouse click.
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen did you hear that? He's got an electric .243! I bet you'll say something about shocking the field mice to death...

@Forrest Halley
One good thing about the electronic 243 is when he runs out primers he an always attach wires to it and use it like a teaser.
Bob
Personally I was always worried about rubbing my feet on a rug and accidentally shooting through the roof. We're they pacemaker safe? Don't want any old guys having negligent discharges, because buck fever triggered the pacemaker!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg