.35 Whelen load data for Woodleigh 225 gr FMJ

cajunchefray

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
DSC
Inquiring for some load data for .35 Whelen with Woodleigh 225 FMJ with powders I have. I have Hodgon Varget, H4895, and AA 2520. Not looking to buy other powders, as I had stocked up on these during the Commie Chinese Virus. I run moderate loads with Varget with 250 grain Hornady SP (54.5 gr), and 225 grain Nosler Accubonds (56 grains Varget). Looking for consistent accuracy, not max velocity.
Any real-world load information is appreciated.

Inquiring for some load data for .35 Whelen with Woodleigh 225 FMJ with powders I have. I have Hodgon Varget, H4895, and AA 2520. Not looking to buy other powders, as I had stocked up on these during the Commie Chinese Virus. I run moderate loads with Varget with 250 grain Hornady SP (54.5 gr), and 225 grain Nosler Accubonds (56 grains Varget). Looking for consistent accuracy, not max velocity.
Any real-world load information is appreciated.

Just found in their general info in their manual. For FMJ start with a load 5% below what you would use for your load for the same weight Woodleigh jacketed bullet and work your way up from there. This is for Woodleigh brand projectiles. Their softs and Hydros use a different copper alloy than the FMJs and generate less pressure for the same powder load. Hornady, Nosler and other brands may differ in their bullet material also, you may want to start a little more than 5% lower just to be safe. There are H4895 and Varget (both manufactured in Australia) loads for the Whelan in the manual but I don't know if I can pass them to you in this forum. The manual was available from USA stockists listed on the Woodleigh Bullets website. Hope this helps.

Just found in their general info in their manual. For FMJ start with a load 5% below what you would use for your load for the same weight Woodleigh jacketed bullet and work your way up from there. This is for Woodleigh brand projectiles. Their softs and Hydros use a different copper alloy than the FMJs and generate less pressure for the same powder load. Hornady, Nosler and other brands may differ in their bullet material also, you may want to start a little more than 5% lower just to be safe. There are H4895 and Varget (both manufactured in Australia) loads for the Whelan in the manual but I don't know if I can pass them to you in this forum. The manual was available from USA stockists listed on the Woodleigh Bullets website. Hope this helps.
Hello Geoff thanks for the information.

PM sent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noafrica4me

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you