300 wm build

Can you spot the difference??
Mikmaq Geese Paddle1.jpg
 
Aaah Erik, got to pull your leg.......again...:A Surrender:
 
ok so about a week ago I got an itch to rebuild my savage model 116 in 300 wm... Then I figured a new barrel was in order so I got a stainless E.R Shaw heavy Barrel .....

Gizmo - I'll start by saying, if I missed something, I apologize.

I just read this thread from the beginning and I could not find anything about re-headspacing the chamber with the installation of the new barrel. If you did mention it, I missed it. If you just assumed we'd know you did the headspacing, that's great. If you didn't check the headspace, that can be dangerous.

Since you were doing an accuracy upgrade, I'm assuming that you would blue print and headspace, but wanted to ask to be on the safe side.
 
Royal are you implying you are jealous of the length of my scope. :LOL:

no.

Mine needs a tripod and has its own spotter. :eek:

tls_1400-150_01.jpg
 
Gizmo - I'll start by saying, if I missed something, I apologize.

I just read this thread from the beginning and I could not find anything about re-headspacing the chamber with the installation of the new barrel. If you did mention it, I missed it. If you just assumed we'd know you did the headspacing, that's great. If you didn't check the headspace, that can be dangerous.

Since you were doing an accuracy upgrade, I'm assuming that you would blue print and headspace, but wanted to ask to be on the safe side.
No worries brother I appreciate you lookin out for me. Yes I set the head space when I installed the barrel. Fortunately the barrel came with the go/no go gauges. I checked it about a thousand times and I will test fire it from a vice and distance for the first couple rounds.
 
Well I fired three test rounds from it today. The first was from a vise and I place a string on the trigger. Worked flawlessly so I fired two more from the shoulder to check function and it worked great. Time to lap the locking lugs. Do the final bedding work and put a new scope base and scope on it and it'll be ready to kill with. I'm super excited. First rifle I've ever built myself.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,385
Members
169,347
Latest member
BerthaGiro
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top