300 H&H reloading help

damundsen87

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I just barely purchased a 300 H&H which is a caliber that I've been after for a long time now and i was hoping to get some guidance on what bullet/powder combos others have found successful. I am looking to be in the neighborhood of a 180 gr bullet but I have no experience loading this cartridge so some guidance could save me a lot of time.

I just barely purchased a 300 H&H which is a caliber that I've been after for a long time now and i was hoping to get some guidance on what bullet/powder combos others have found successful. I am looking to be in the neighborhood of a 180 gr bullet but I have no experience loading this cartridge so some guidance could save me a lot of time.

I've got a Ruger No.1 that I bought last spring but just started working load development on recently. 180gr Barness TTSX and 165gr North Fork Bonded Cores are working quite well with H4831.

The TTSX's were best at max load, but a touch slow at roughly 2850fps. The North Forks are running well over 3000fps, something like 3100 or thereabouts. North Forks are right around 1" groups, the TTSX half that or better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg