3 mountain lions found devouring human remains

If you will allow me an aside:
It seems that states that protect Cougar have more issues with them.

In Texas, cougars are considered varmints, much like coyotes, and are shot on sight when seen, much like coyotes.

Just an observation.
I grew up in Tucson and did a fair amount of hunting and hiking around there in my teens and 20's. I saw one mountain lion in all of that, at 400+ yards while bowhunting javelina. They're like leopard, they're there, you just don't know it. As mentioned, they're big game with an over the counter tag. I have known a few people that carried a tag with them just in case. One was a guide who spent a hell of a lot of time outdoors and even he only got lucky and used that tag once.
Best guess, these three were hungry and happened on a hiker who died from an accident, heart attack, etc. The biggest concern wasn't scavenging it's that they'd now associate human as a food source.
 
Weasel speak from the Medical Examiner. "we don't have strong beliefs that the mountain lions killed the person." Does this mean that they have a probable belief, a 50/50 belief, possibly didn't, convinced they didn't etc? Sounds a bit like the ME has been lent on to come out with a finding that won't cause public worry or challenge existing wildlife policy.
 
"At this time, the remains have not been identified."

They must be withholding a load of evidence? This report makes no connection what so ever?
It does not make any connection to the Mt. Lions, yet. They are investigating to see if this guy dumped the body of the missing man at Pima Canyon. I imagine a DNA test will be needed to match the remains. Could take awhile to clear this up?
 
1)"and investigators haven't determined how he died." The Cougars ate the evidence?

2) "Thornton was arrested for stealing Brashear's car, which he reportedly drove to the Oro Valley Police station responding to the missing person report."
Earning himself a spot the the next Worlds Dumbest Criminals Show?
 
If you will allow me an aside:
It seems that states that protect Cougar have more issues with them.

In Texas, cougars are considered varmints, much like coyotes, and are shot on sight when seen, much like coyotes.

Just an observation.
Yep
 
Cover up coming I promise you!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,342
Messages
1,573,413
Members
169,747
Latest member
nexttanebir1980
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top