$2K-4K Rifles

Although I don't have one anymore, I really loved the 416 Rigby I had. There's nothing any of the other 416's can do that the big Rigby can't, usually at less pressures and less fuss. The Rigby does tend to require a heavier rifle, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I think its a great chambering for a rifle to be taken into the thick and nasty alder, devil's club and willow jungles for big bears along the coast.

@COSA I would keep my eyes pealed on the classified there are generally some nice rifles for sale just a shame (for me) they are normally in the USA.

Chickenfarmers.... I have a Ruger RSM in .416Rigby..... pm me if your interested.
For your information:

There are 375 and 416 Winchester 70s to be had out there lightly used for around 900 and new to near new for 1300-1500. Subtract those numbers from your 4000 cap and you have one heckuva piece of wood!

However there are a lot of factory Winchester 70s out there that already have really nice looking, correctly grained wood for strength in normal run factory stocks. Is this going to be a user for serious big and dangerous game? I've never seen burl or wood figure shoot anything. My thoughts would be to concentrate on a lightly used proven type rifle like a Winchester 70 and spend a relatively small amount of money on pillar bedding and maybe stock re-finish. The total $ for all that including rifle would leave a pretty good amount left over from the $2000-$4000 budget. Then add that surplus to the hunting trip fund.
Just thinking out loud. :)

Here's my lineup of DG rifles. All factory standard grade stocks. I pillar bedded all myself for only the cost of the alum pillars, bedding compound and my labor. I have left the BRNO as is. Seems their bedding is pretty stable and already a form of pillar bedding. Its group sizes and POIs are consistent, just as a properly bedded rifle has.

Top three- Winchester 70s
Bottom- BRNO ZKK
Not a dog in the bunch and even the most plain, the BRNO, is of good dense walnut and correctly grained for strength. Matter of fact the least attractive of the bunch shot a sweetheart of a group today- The BRNO 375 HH ;)

View attachment 396298

View attachment 396300

View attachment 396304
I tried to send a PM but it doesn’t give me option. I need a leather cheek piece similar to what you have on your BRNO. Could I ask where you bought or ordered yours from?

I tried to send a PM but it doesn’t give me option. I need a leather cheek piece similar to what you have on your BRNO. Could I ask where you bought or ordered yours from?

It's been awhile but I think I got it off Gunbroker or Fleabay. Let me do some poking around and see if I can find the seller.... OK found it. Here's the link to the Fleabay seller and item. Seller is in Poland but item maybe made in Russia?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263863088843?hash=item3d6f7736cb:g:YMEAAOSwYPNcIRE-

Took a little while to get here obviously but no issues with the shipping. The seller has a pretty good rating so I took a chance. No problems. :) You might soak the pad well in water before cinching down the lacing to get a better "molded" fit. I just wrapped the stock in some plastic wrap to prevent water damage to the wood. Doesn't add a lot of height to the cheek weld but it does help and seems just about right for the BRUNO.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 10.59.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 10.59.17 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 10.59.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 10.59.19 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 42
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 10.59.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 10.59.22 AM.png
    682.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 10.59.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 10.59.26 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Thank you. I can’t go too wrong for $22. Looks like it fit your stock’s form well. I need about an 1/8” to properly look down open sights.

It easily gives that much lift. Not a bad price and only $6 shipping. I think there are two colors- brown and natural. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality for the price and it is very comfortable. Hope it works if you decide to try it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!