.270 Winchester Illegal?

I was just reading through some threads and happened across this one. It is truly sad how people in power cast a subjective vote on an issue that they are completely ignorant of. Funny how in America, the Electoral College was created to prevent this, yet now it comes from the educated professional politician instead of the layman.

This was a step forward for those of us Indiana that were tired of being limited to shotguns and later highly restricted rifle calibers. It had been a long struggle to get that far, taking at least 5 years of constant pressure to get our regulations opened up to use even highly restricted rifle calibers and another almost 10 years to open it up even more. Now, one year after passing the law allowing rifles in .243 and .308 calibers the law was expanded to include any caliber/cartridge that falls between the minimum and maximum. Even that wasn't without bumps and mistakes along the way, which will happen when the legislature has to step in and do what the DNR will not. It is still not perfect, and there are still plenty of people, in the legislature, the DNR, and unfortunately even in the woods that cling to tired and disproven arguments against uaing rifles but it is a hell of a lot better than being restricted to shotguns and muzzleloaders.

I looked up the Indiana deer regulations, and it looks like to the best of my understanding, that it simply states a minimum caliber of .243 with some minimum and maximum lengths on the case length of 1.16" and 3", so it sounds like the regulations are greatly improved. I agree, any rifle is an improvement over a shotgun, but it is a shame that lawmaker ignorance made that transition so needlessly frustrating with senseless laws.

At least you guys get to hunt on Sunday. In Pennsy where I do 90% of my hunting, the legislature is still holding out and keeping it the only state in the country to ban it. Some of the arguments against it are nonsensical like the animals need a day of rest. To that, I say OK, give them off on Wednesdays. I guess the pols, who control the Game Commission, are waiting until license sales fall another forty percent from their highs.

You can't hunt on Sun, so you can go to church! :ROFLMAO::D GA used to be like that also, I don't remember when the law changed. In some counties in GA you can't buy alcohol on Sun :eek:

You can't hunt on Sun, so you can go to church! :ROFLMAO::D GA used to be like that also, I don't remember when the law changed. In some counties in GA you can't buy alcohol on Sun :eek:

There's no better church than out in the wilds of nature. Just carry a game getter of some sort along with your bible. :D

Excellent point! (y)(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg