Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA
Hunted
USA, RSA
I’ve always loved the .22 WMR. Looking to add another to the safe to go with my Anschutz bolt. Considering a lever or pump. New or old. Will leave open sites, and will be used as a camp gun in the AZ highcountry this summer. Any suggestions?

Not sure there is or ever has been a pump. I paid $35 for a 22 Rimfire Winchester 61 when I was in high school and sold it 30+ years ago for $350. Great accurate 22 rimfire. I’d probably look for a Winchester 9422 WM if I wanted a lever. Everyone I’ve ever shot was pretty accurate for a 22WM.

Maybe a Semi-auto Savage A22 Magnum.
Some ammo out there 30 gn, advertised 2200 FPS.
Probably less than $400.
Just a thought - -

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 8.06.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 8.06.38 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 184
Both my Winchester M61 and M9422 Mag are MOA rifles. The 9422 shoots heavier bullets more accurately than light bullets.
BTW, neither is for sale, but best of luck locating a 9422 Mag.

Love my hex barrel Henry. Good balance, points like a finger. Lots of fun to shoot. Good for my young boys and me to practice and a fun coyote rifle.

didnt know they did it in a magnum version....do they still make it ?

Ruger doesn’t make a 10/22 Magnum anymore but there is a Israely copy of one about the same price range. Or there is Volquartsen thou more costly

I used many years ago. It was a great little rifle. Hopefully ammunition has improved since the 70s.
I also had a little pump action but for the life of me I cannot recall the make.

didnt know they did it in a magnum version....do they still make it ?

Ruger made the 10/22mag from 1998 to 2006. Apparently there are a few out there, like the one listed currently listed on GB, which just sold for $980.

Taurus or Rossi, I can't remember which, used to make a pump but I don't think they are still made.

Ruger had some problems with the 10/22 Magnum. My pick would be the 61 Winchester if I could find a good one in my price range. The 9422 Magnum would be a distant second pick.

Attachments

• Screenshot (435).png
    Screenshot (435).png
    338.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited by a moderator:
Ruger also made the model 96 lever action in 22lr and 22 wmr starting in 1996. It looked like a 10/22 with a lever.

There are a couple on gunbroker for under $600.00.

I’ve always loved the .22 WMR. Looking to add another to the safe to go with my Anschutz bolt. Considering a lever or pump. New or old. Will leave open sites, and will be used as a camp gun in the AZ highcountry this summer. Any suggestions?
My .22 mag Winchester lever gun is and will likely always be my favorite gun (along with the .22lr as well)
Good all around gun

Have the Ruger semi-auto and it works just fine. I would not get a lever because "I" cannot work one worth a crap. It is just me not any rifle. I do like pump rifles and have a Rem 760 in 30-06

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllieBoatm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross