2016 375 hunt report

MichaelTQS

AH member
Joined
Apr 6, 2016
Messages
35
Reaction score
31
Location
South East Arizona, USA
Website
quietsurvivalist.com
Hunted
USA, Vermont, Wyoming , Arizona
Hi guys, its been awhile since I posted here but since I blame you all for my new rifle I should let you know how it went Elk hunting

First off, the load. Simple and what was recommended here. Federal Blue Box 270gr soft point.

The Elk- roughly a 425lb spike bull

The result obviously was meat in the freezer.

My impressions? Well, Ive read extensively about the 375, I accepted the advice and replies to my questions and I am much more impressed by this rifle than I ever intended to be.

Ive never seen with a life time of big game hunting all over the US and parts of Europe in the 80's, bones protruding from an exit wound. Ive seen game drop from spine shots of course but never so completely dead on impact as I saw the 2 elk I witnessed shot with a 375 this year.

Mod 70 Safari Express purchased last spring and Im not looking back. I have developed a true love for this rifle and caliber. I understand completely the opinion of generations before me about the superiority of the cartridge.
 
Now you know why some of my Idaho friends that have hunted elk for generations consider the .375" bullet the best ever invented for elk, large or small.
 
Nice! Thanks for sharing and congrats
 
I have to agree, It sure does a good job
 
Congrats! Good to know a hundred years of testing on much larger and sometimes faster and sometimes more dangerous animals has proven to work on Elk too. I am a convert as well as I am taking mine for Kodiak brown bear in 5 weeks. What range were the shots? and yes, pics are great if you can.
 
Yes I forgot the range. First Elk was at about 100 yds, second was around 160-175

My hunting bud and I decided to use the 375 this year and they both dropped literally like hit with a hammer

Im trying to get pics from my hard drive to this site, but they are a little bloody and I try not to post things like that. Respect to the animals and to the forum as well
 
Congrats on your elk!
 
Congratulations on the Elk! The .375 H&H really is the king of the medium bores!
 
Congratulations. You did good.
 
Heading to Colorado for elk with my .375 Ruger in just a couple of days. Hornady Superformance 250 grain GMX will be the load.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,571,725
Members
169,402
Latest member
brookthimble
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top