2 Lions for the Price of One!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DEALS & OFFERS' started by North Wind, Apr 4, 2012.

1. James.Grage

James.Grage AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    Larry

Welcome to AH...I spotted this right off earlier to day and was waiting for other to post before i said anything. I knew that Jerome would step in to help you add the information that is requested to be on the forum.

I would like for you to stay around, however if you decide to leave i will understand and our group will have suffered a great loss.

Your offer is a good one and one that will be taken by someone weather from our location or another. Hunting on 2,500 acres is a hugh undertaking unless it is totally flat and barren.

From what i have observed on the fenced or open range hunting, Threads so south fast and minds are stuck in the sand so to say. However, you do not see our posters flock to Tanzania for open range safaris.

While members find nothing wrong with shooting plains game that is fenced they become shocked when you talk about Cape Buffalo or Lions...Go figure.

We are a hunting group and we need to support both styles of hunting camps and do it with little fuss. When the anti-hunting group can divide our group all is lost, members need to think this one through. Swallow your objections and move on, you either want hunting or you don't. When you select one style of hunting that you do not like to give up the other styles will soon follow.

If posters are having issues with your offer and are only trying to drag you through the barb-wire fence so to say they should re-read above and they should remain quiet.

The question to our members is do you eat a steak from a feed lot cow or steer or will they only eat free range beef. Same goes for pigs, chicken, lambs, fish the list goes on and on. Let me tell you there is a big difference in quality and taste, it is not for everyone, however the beef growers stick together on the issues at hand.

When we have members as Jerome so eloquently pointed out ground pound new poster into the ground we will have no new member posters and the slow death spiral begins of the forum.

I think our members forget a recent poster who contracted such a lion hunt only to come home empty handed and wanted a refund for not seeing or getting his trophy lion. So these hunts are not all guaranteed 100%.

In all honesty each member needs to think is this a hunt i want to go on? yes - no if it is yes then send a PM to gather the information you need to complete the deal.
    and if the answer is no we need to move on.

The idea is not to post on every forum topic. If you can add to the positive flow of the posting then great.

I could go on about how we used to have Many PH's always posting there thought and comments on Ah. They were a welcome breath of fresh air to receive some valuable information from those in the safari industry.

M2Cents

2. North Wind

North Wind AH Member

Well spoken Mr. Grage. Whether or not a certain type of hunting is our cup of tea, we all need to stick together. There are precious few of us and when we are divided that's when we will fall.

3. Frederik

Frederik AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    BASA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique and Sweden
    I have not seen Data/Danie since we were at school together when we finished school in 1994 he's always been a stand up guy.

Welcome to AH Larry

4. Blue Skies Hunting Adventures

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    Limpopo, Eastern Cape,Natal
    Or He knows what he is talking about and is helping people understand that this is a canned lion hunt, I mean come on, you can kill 2 lions in 5 days.

5. Bobpuckett

Bobpuckett AH ENABLER GOLD SUPPORTER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
    Hunted:
    USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
    Welcome to AH Larry! I went to datasafaris.co.za and had a look, he has some pretty good prices for add on animals as well, putting out that info as well will not hurt. good luck with your deal on lions. Bob

6. RickB

RickB AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA lifetime, SCI Member, Longhunters LLC
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Germany, USA (OH, NY, VA, PA, WY)
    Well said.

Larry, welcome to AH! And good luck in selling your hunt.

7. Buff-Buster

Buff-Buster GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, North American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
    Hunted:
    Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal, Free State & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta & Saskatchewan) & Argentina (Cordoba)
    Jerome,
    Thanks for stepping in and saying what needed to be said! It is critical that new members, individuals and outfitters alike, feel like they can join this group and posts opinions without fear of being attacked or ridiculed. This is a great site with fantastic members. I hope we keep it that way.

8. jepetto62

jepetto62 AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    la diana
    Hunted:
    Switzerland, France, Belgium, Sweden, Poland, Mauritius,Namibia, SA, Zimbabwe, Canada, New Foundland, Yukon, BC, Alaska, Argentina
    Agree, and sometime a little bit of restrain does not do harm. Truth is that nothing is black and white, fenced lion hunting has pros... and cons. I am going lion hunting next week, free-ranging in Zim, but believe me when I say that I did hesitate a lot, mainly since shooting raised lion does not do harm to the wild population and also because (when well done) the thrill of fenced lion hunting can be way over waiting in blind looking at a bait.
    So, it is a personal choice, which should be respected and a business which is needed.

9. AaronN

AaronN AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Larry - Just so I am clear! I'm not against it, when one offers "High Fence" lion hunting, or participates in it either, not at all. I was simply confused, as to exactly what you were offering, specifically?

10. RichardL

RichardL AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    PHASA - RMEF
    Hunted:
    South Africa - Botswana - Zimbabwe - USA - Namibia
    Very little to no Lion Hunting takes place in Limpopo Province ! Most of South Afrcan Lion Hunting takes place in North West Province or Kalahari. Almost all Lion hunting takes place on fenced properties , most of them 20 000 acres or more.

Wild lions from Kruger are few and far between as DCA ( Damage Causing Animals) hunted by clients for export anymore ! The only way is if a Lion takes residence on a property and the Conservation Department issues a permit for a exportable Trophy ( CITES)

I hope this helps a little !

11. AaronN

AaronN AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Sir, as you obviously know - you are correct! But as you also state, it does happen occasionally. I know of one outfitter/landowner, that has one at this very moment.

12. RichardL

RichardL AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    PHASA - RMEF
    Hunted:
    South Africa - Botswana - Zimbabwe - USA - Namibia
    You are 100 % correct. We cannot market these as we have no control over when and if at all there will be one available . The prospective client needs to know all the facts !

We all have the same goal in mind ! A wonderful unforgetable experience for the hunter !

Happy hunting !

Richard .

13. CharlvR

CharlvR AH Member

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    PHASA, BASA, CHASA, SCI, DSC
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Sweden, England, U.S.A.,Botswana, Mozambique and Zimbabwe
    ja ja ja ........

Aaron might know the fact that he has killed 11 wild lions in Africa, and there is a reason for it, he knows the wild cats very well. As a qualified Tanz. PH he speaks from both sides of the fence......AS far as hunting in SA goes, rests assure the man knows our hunting industry inside out, and is very well educated on this topic. I promise you that he does not take any of this personal, NOR will he try to insult you. His questions are directed at giving the right info,all of it, period. If anyone reads more than that into it, they need to go and have another coffee or whiskey or whatever calms them down.

Personaly I have no objections in hunting captive bred Lions, under very specific conditions. Just sell it for what it is, I think that was the bottomline.