1908 Brazilian Mauser action

Depends. For one things its old, and its a small ring action which sort of limits it to the round it was meant for and similar rounds. The Argentine is a good round by itself, similar to a .308 in power. So depending on what you want to do, it may be fine.
Just dont think you can turn it into Bobs Whelen! :A Banana: :ROFLMAO:
 
I had some years ago built a Brazilian into a beautiful Oberndorf style sporter in 7x57 and it was a really nice shooter, which I had kept it.
My smith never mentioned any issues with the action.
 
Depends. For one things its old, and its a small ring action which sort of limits it to the round it was meant for and similar rounds. The Argentine is a good round by itself, similar to a .308 in power. So depending on what you want to do, it may be fine.
Just dont think you can turn it into Bobs Whelen! :A Banana: :ROFLMAO:
Ha! Ha! (Can’t figure out how to use the emojis on my phone and that’s where all my photos are). Too bad it won’t work for a Whelen. The bolt face is large enough for an ‘06? Maybe a .25-06?
 
.30-06 may not feed, depending on the rail geometry. I use '38 Turk Mausers for .30-06 length cartridges.

Pull it out of the wood and look at the metal there - many have rot below the woodline!
 
Ha! Ha! (Can’t figure out how to use the emojis on my phone and that’s where all my photos are). Too bad it won’t work for a Whelen. The bolt face is large enough for an ‘06? Maybe a .25-06?
Not meant for those longer rounds. You need a model 98, preferably a large ring Mauser.
 
Not meant for those longer rounds. You need a model 98, preferably a large ring Mauser.
Maybe a .243 Nelson Improved then? Nevermind, I'll keep looking.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,365
Messages
1,574,335
Members
170,009
Latest member
tioproskunsling1985
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top