1908 Brazilian Mauser action

Depends. For one things its old, and its a small ring action which sort of limits it to the round it was meant for and similar rounds. The Argentine is a good round by itself, similar to a .308 in power. So depending on what you want to do, it may be fine.
Just dont think you can turn it into Bobs Whelen! :A Banana: :ROFLMAO:

I had some years ago built a Brazilian into a beautiful Oberndorf style sporter in 7x57 and it was a really nice shooter, which I had kept it.
My smith never mentioned any issues with the action.

Depends. For one things its old, and its a small ring action which sort of limits it to the round it was meant for and similar rounds. The Argentine is a good round by itself, similar to a .308 in power. So depending on what you want to do, it may be fine.
Just dont think you can turn it into Bobs Whelen! :A Banana: :ROFLMAO:
Ha! Ha! (Can’t figure out how to use the emojis on my phone and that’s where all my photos are). Too bad it won’t work for a Whelen. The bolt face is large enough for an ‘06? Maybe a .25-06?

.30-06 may not feed, depending on the rail geometry. I use '38 Turk Mausers for .30-06 length cartridges.

Pull it out of the wood and look at the metal there - many have rot below the woodline!

Ha! Ha! (Can’t figure out how to use the emojis on my phone and that’s where all my photos are). Too bad it won’t work for a Whelen. The bolt face is large enough for an ‘06? Maybe a .25-06?
Not meant for those longer rounds. You need a model 98, preferably a large ring Mauser.

Not meant for those longer rounds. You need a model 98, preferably a large ring Mauser.
Maybe a .243 Nelson Improved then? Nevermind, I'll keep looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois