1640 sling stud question

clockwork_7mm_gator

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I'd like to replace the sling studs on a Husqvarna 1640 stock... the threads are wider than a standard Mike's set. Does someone make an aftermarket version of the wider ones, front and rear? (I'm replacing the original with one that doesn't have the strap attachment included.)

Thanks y'all.

Best to measure the existing stud and find out precisely what thread (diameter and pitch) it is. Then you can search for a suitable replacement. The thread will possibly be metric.

The existing studs are identical (unlike a modern Uncle Mike's set with different threads for rear and front). They are .60" long. They are .243" wide on the outside of the thread. Here is a photo of the threading:

hva1640 stud 1.jpg
hva1640 stud 2.jpg

So, essentially, I'm looking for a set of the studs minus the actual swivel for use with a Montana Sling with the swivel already incorporated.

I've heard that some Husqvarna rifles had a sling thread of 1/4" x 20 TPI. If you have a thread guage you could check if that matches yours. Alternatively, get a 1/4 x 20 bolt and see if it easily screws in. If this turns out to be the correct thread for your rifle, maybe email New England Custom Guns to see if they have the type of studs you want.

I've heard that some Husqvarna rifles had a sling thread of 1/4" x 20 TPI. If you have a thread guage you could check if that matches yours. Alternatively, get a 1/4 x 20 bolt and see if it easily screws in. If this turns out to be the correct thread for your rifle, maybe email New England Custom Guns to see if they have the type of studs you want.
Have an email off to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you