ZIMBABWE: Off To Zimbabwe With AH Friends

@CAustin is the report done? No more to add?
Well I went down to spend the day with my taxidermist a week ago while he worked on my leopard and he had received my baboon and bushbuck skulls.

I am so very glad to hear that Dalton and York Safaris has signed another lease for the Omay North concession. The Ume lodge located on the river of the same name is a wonderful place to hunt from. I am sure other AH members will agree with me when I say it is truly wild and majestic Africa! The flood plain out in front of the camp and due North is full of game throughout the day and night. Elephant, hippo, buffalo, waterbuck, impala, baboons, hyenas and lions make for the best experience. Some AH members can vouch for the fact that leopards abound in the area as well.

I am so very glad to hear that Dalton and York Safaris has signed another lease for the Omay North concession. The Ume lodge located on the river of the same name is a wonderful place to hunt from. I am sure other AH members will agree with me when I say it is truly wild and majestic Africa! The flood plain out in front of the camp and due North is full of game throughout the day and night. Elephant, hippo, buffalo, waterbuck, impala, baboons, hyenas and lions make for the best experience. Some AH members can vouch for the fact that leopards abound in the area as well.
Is it a Tsetse fly area?

Is it a Tsetse fly area?
There were many traps set up in the concession however I was there in mid August And encountered 0 Tsetse flies.

If it is I am as ready as possible given I’m going next month. I have soaked all clothes in .075 of 1% permethrin and have Avon soft skin repellent
I didn’t see any last August

I too experienced ZERO tsetse flies. I'm hoping for a repeat this year. We did run into some mopane flies, but those are just a nuisance, not something that bites you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois