ZIMBABWE: Mokore Safaris Mokore Ranch Save Valley Conservancy

FANTASTIC stuff!! Well done to all involved on this impressive hunt.
Great trophies and I just loved that Eland.

Great report. How awesome is it that your bery first african animal was a buff!!

Great report and Congrats neckdeep. Now I am going to hijack your thread. :S Hijack:

I see in one of the pictures you seated the northfork bullet pretty high on the .375H&H. I am new to reloading and I was wondering, did you seat it that high to get close to the lands? Is it ok to exceed the OAL if you are trying to get to the lands, (not on them, but close)? Thanks.

MMAL, I sure you recognized the CZ in the report !! Yes getting them out near the lands can help with accuracy at times. I don't know if it matters in your CZ or not, it shot anything well when I had. I used the Hornady tool to determine length to the lands with Barnes and Northfork's and then seated them 15 thousands off if I remember, have to look at my notes to be sure. You can exceed the OAL and get near the lands in spacious CZ magazine very easily. The CPS solids where seated way out to accomplish this as well as the SS's. Both where crimped of course. I still have my leftover ammo from the safari for your gun if you want it send me a PM and I can also forward load data since you are now reloading.

Congrats on the great plains game hunt! That eland is a grand trophy!

Round 2!!, September 2018
Mokore Safaris
Coutada 9 Mozambique
Cape Buffalo, Sable, Nyala, and plains game, hopefully a big Kudu and maybe some of the Tiny 10, Red Duiker and Suni

FANTASTIC hunt and excellent report...congrats!!
NOTHING like the success of your first cape buffalo hunt. Believe me, it doesn't go away...my favourite animal to hunt and I'm over the moon after every one.

Did you manage to get that relic of a hunting vehicle started eventually??

Wow, the Save Valley highlands are a beautiful place. It definitely is a place I want to hunt someday.

Great report neckdeep. A great safari. 2 bushpigs daylight is an impressive achievement. In particular I loved your eland and your waterbuck. Best of luck on your hunt in Moz this year!

DSCN0221.JPG
Mokore Safaris
Coutada 9 Mozambique
Cape Buffalo, Sable, Nyala, and plains game, hopefully a big Kudu and maybe some of the Tiny 10, Red Duiker and Suni
Coutada 9 is full of game and has a great camp. You will enjoy the trip. Lots of big Kudu, giant Warthogs, and good numbers of Nyala, Sable, Reedbuck, Bushbuck, etc... Here is my 53" Kudu.

Last edited:
Don't mean to photo bomb your thread but thought you would like to see some animals from C9 to get you excited! Here is my Nyala. Hunted them hard for six days.
DSCN0215.JPG

Last edited:
One of the largest Suni taken by Mokore I was told.
DSCN0159.JPG

Nice Reedbuck.
DSCN0247.JPG

Great lodging.
DSCN0155.JPG

Thank you for the pics, we are pretty excited about the trip, it will be here before you know it. Looks like you took some excellent animals. What month and year did you go?

Thank you for the pics, we are pretty excited about the trip, it will be here before you know it. Looks like you took some excellent animals. What month and year did you go?
After hunting near Lake Cahorra Bassa in early July 2014 with Simon Rodger’s Safaris de Mozambique for Sable, Croc, Buffalo, Bushbuck, etc..., I chartered over to Tete and was picked up by a Mokore PH named Fabian Felner. We drove from Tete to the C9 camp. I think I was the first client of the year at the C9 camp.

Mokore Safaris
Coutada 9 Mozambique

Awesome report. Looking forward to your next one- best of luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg