Zebra Pedestal Mount

Trot hawkins

AH member
Joined
May 1, 2017
Messages
18
Reaction score
27
Location
Colorado
Website
www.hawkinstaxidermy.com
Media
8
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Hunted
SA
Here is a zebra pedestal I did for a great client and and animal that is definitely on my lost next trip!
IMG_1492819564420.jpg
 
IMG_0228.JPG
Here is a zebra pedestal I did for a great client and and animal that is definitely on my lost next trip!View attachment 183120
Nice !!!!!!
I built one with five sides and round top and bottom for my Kudu.
Yours is so much nicer.
Any chance you would post the plans or some more photos showing the details of the carpentry work/design?
 
Just a thought, but it might look nice with a backskin around the center portion of the pedestal. Another thought...some dry grass around the middle?
 
Just a thought, but it might look nice with a backskin around the center portion of the pedestal. Another thought...some dry grass around the middle?
Nice ideas! We wanted an open base around the middle and we used the rest of the hide on the back of the mount. We wanted to incorporate a warthog skull and didn't want to hide it too much with grass but maybe a bit more wouldn't hurt??
 
View attachment 183122
Nice !!!!!!
I built one with five sides and round top and bottom for my Kudu.
Yours is so much nicer.
Any chance you would post the plans or some more photos showing the details of the carpentry work/design?
Great trophies for Sure! This one is 6 sided I'd like to include a plan but I came up with the design as I built it.
1493771952036.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! I like the warthog skull on the bottom!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,182
Members
169,919
Latest member
BUILonna63
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top